VLC Nightly 0.9.0 two settings help

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
stenc55
New Cone
New Cone

VLC Nightly 0.9.0 two settings help

Postby stenc55 » 22 Aug 2008 12:25

Hello!
Im using nightly 0.9.0 and it works great. I configured it to play TV from UDP stream instead of using STB from my internet provider. Set IPv4, make playlist with favorite channels and voila!
With 0.86.xx I had problems with crashing when changing channels via playlist, with 0.9.0 I haven't encountered single crash in a week. Good work guys!
But now I have different problem. How can I force VLC to remember last screen position (it always starts in center of the screen, I want it on right side of monitor) and second, when I want to watch TV I open it with double-click on playlist icon. VLC opens with first channel in playlist, and to change channels I always need to click Playlist- show playlist and then select another channell. I would like to auto open playlist with player.
thanks

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: VLC Nightly 0.9.0 two settings help

Postby VLC_help » 22 Aug 2008 18:05

My nightly build remembers its position (build from 21st of August). But I can't find any option to always open playlist from GUI.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 22 Aug 2008 19:52

Playlist not opening is a bug that will be fixed. In fact, it will show the playlist if you closed with it opened.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

stenc55
New Cone
New Cone

Postby stenc55 » 24 Aug 2008 13:12

j-b, thank you.
Can you fix also one little annoying bug in playlist. It doesn't want to remember column size.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”