VLC-0.9.0_test3 X-Compile problems [SOLVED]

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
basos
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC-0.9.0_test3 X-Compile problems [SOLVED]

Postby basos » 30 Jul 2008 14:39

Hello,
im having problems compilling vlc 0.9 test3 for windows. I couldn't make a windows binary neither from cygwin nor from native x-compile (im trying 2 weeks to produce some binaries..).
I suspect missing/wrong contib libraries or missing/wrong mingw libraries

Right now i will try native CROSS compile (as people on wikis suggest it is greater) (and faster!)

- system ubuntu
- Contribs http://people.videolan.org/~jb/Contribs ... ly.tar.bz2
Also from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=204414 i installed (as someone on irc suggested that i should downgrade my mingw. So i chose the same version as the contribs for the compiler)
- mingw-binutils_2.17.50-6_i386
- mingw-gcc-core_4.2.1-7_i386
- mingw-gcc-g++_4.2.1-7_i386
- mingw-runtime_3.14-4_i386
- mingw-w32api_3.11-4_i386

Also my config

Code: Select all

CONTRIB_TREE=/usr/win32 export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$CONTRIB_TREE/lib/pkgconfig \ CPPFLAGS="-I$CONTRIB_TREE/include -I$CONTRIB_TREE/include/ebml" \ CXXCPP=i386-mingw32-cpp \ LDFLAGS=-L$CONTRIB_TREE/lib \ CC=i386-mingw32-gcc CXX=i386-mingw32-g++ ./configure --host=i386-mingw32 --build=i386-linux \ --disable-gtk \ --enable-sdl --with-sdl-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin --disable-gtk \ --disable-nls --enable-qt4 --disable-skins2 \ --disable-ffmpeg \ --with-ffmpeg-zlib --enable-theora \ --with-wx-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --with-freetype-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --with-fribidi-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --disable-live555 --with-live555-tree=${CONTRIB_TREE}/live.com \ --disable-caca --with-caca-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --with-xml2-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --with-dvdnav-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --disable-cddax --disable-vcdx --disable-goom \ --disable-twolame --disable-dvdread --disable-activex \ --disable-gnomevfs --disable-mad --disable-faad --disable-flac --disable-a52 \ --disable-dca --disable-avcodec --disable-avformat --disable-postproc --disable-libmpeg2 \ --disable-optimizations --disable-static \ --enable-debug \
And finaly the current build halt output :

i386-mingw32-gcc -std=gnu99 -shared .libs/libgnutls_plugin_la-gnutls.o -L/usr/win32/lib /usr/win32/lib/libgnutls.a /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a -lz -lws2_32 ../../src/.libs/libvlccore.dll.a -lmingw32 -mms-bitfields -o .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Xlinker --out-implib -Xlinker .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll.a Creating library file: .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll.a /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x6b): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0xbf): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x215): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x762): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x7d6): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x8c2): more undefined references to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' follow /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x345): undefined reference to `_gpg_strsource' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x355): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x1e7e): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x20c4): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x2112): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x2228): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x2358): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x2640): more undefined references to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' follow /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-misc.o):misc.c:(.text+0x48f): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(cipher.o):cipher.c:(.text+0x2026): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(pubkey.o):pubkey.c:(.text+0x76e): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(pubkey.o):pubkey.c:(.text+0xed1): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(pubkey.o):pubkey.c:(.text+0x10a1): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(pubkey.o):pubkey.c:(.text+0x13fd): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(pubkey.o):pubkey.c:(.text+0x37e8): more undefined references to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' follow /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(md.o):md.c:(.text+0x16bf): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(md.o):md.c:(.text+0x1809): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(primegen.o):primegen.c:(.text+0x1686): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(primegen.o):primegen.c:(.text+0x1961): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(primegen.o):primegen.c:(.text+0x1991): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(primegen.o):primegen.c:(.text+0x1a2f): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(primegen.o):primegen.c:(.text+0x1a97): more undefined references to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' follow /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(ecc.o):ecc.c:(.text+0xe81): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(ecc.o):ecc.c:(.text+0xe97): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(ecc.o):ecc.c:(.text+0x113c): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(ecc.o):ecc.c:(.text+0x1873): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_syserror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(rsa.o):rsa.c:(.text+0xac2): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Mingw gcc version output

# i386-mingw32-gcc -v Using built-in specs. Target: i386-mingw32 Configured with: ../gcc-4.2.1-2-src/configure --target=i386-mingw32 --prefix=/usr/local --with-local-prefix=/usr/local/i386-mingw32 --enable-libgomp --enable-threads --with-arch=i686 --with-tune=generic --disable-werror --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,java --disable-win32-registry --disable-shared --enable-sjlj-exceptions --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-cxx-flags=-fno-function-sections -fno-data-sections --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-libgcj --disable-java-awt --without-x --enable-java-gc=boehm --disable-libgcj-debug --enable-interpreter --enable-hash-synchronizatio Thread model: win32 gcc version 4.2.1-sjlj (mingw32-2)

Please you people who make the nightlies make some suggestions . Tell us the exact versions of all the needed components.
Its a total insanity.................
Last edited by basos on 09 Aug 2008 09:20, edited 1 time in total.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: VLC-0.9.0_test3 X-Compile problems

Postby VLC_help » 30 Jul 2008 16:41

http://wiki.videolan.org/Win32CompileCygwinNew
you followed that or another guide?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 30 Jul 2008 16:57

Well, you are doing it right, you are just missing a -lgpg-error.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

basos
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby basos » 30 Jul 2008 21:08

VLC_Help : Yes i followed these instractions when trying to natively compile with cygwin. Right now i'm fighting for an Xcompile...

j-b: Unfortunately it hanged again...

i386-mingw32-gcc -std=gnu99 -shared .libs/libgnutls_plugin_la-gnutls.o -L/usr/win32/lib /usr/win32/lib/libgpg-error.a /usr/win32/lib/libgnutls.a /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a -lz -lws2_32 ../../src/.libs/libvlccore.dll.a -lmingw32 -mms-bitfields -o .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Xlinker --out-implib -Xlinker .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll.a Creating library file: .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll.a /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x6b): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0xbf): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x215): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x762): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x7d6): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x8c2): more undefined references to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' follow /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x345): undefined reference to `_gpg_strsource' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-global.o):global.c:(.text+0x355): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x1e7e): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x20c4): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x2112): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x2228): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x2358): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-sexp.o):sexp.c:(.text+0x2640): more undefined references to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' follow /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(libgcrypt_la-misc.o):misc.c:(.text+0x48f): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(cipher.o):cipher.c:(.text+0x2026): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(pubkey.o):pubkey.c:(.text+0x76e): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(pubkey.o):pubkey.c:(.text+0xed1): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(pubkey.o):pubkey.c:(.text+0x10a1): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(pubkey.o):pubkey.c:(.text+0x13fd): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(pubkey.o):pubkey.c:(.text+0x37e8): more undefined references to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' follow /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(md.o):md.c:(.text+0x16bf): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(md.o):md.c:(.text+0x1809): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(primegen.o):primegen.c:(.text+0x1686): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(primegen.o):primegen.c:(.text+0x1961): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(primegen.o):primegen.c:(.text+0x1991): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(primegen.o):primegen.c:(.text+0x1a2f): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(primegen.o):primegen.c:(.text+0x1a97): more undefined references to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno' follow /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(ecc.o):ecc.c:(.text+0xe81): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(ecc.o):ecc.c:(.text+0xe97): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(ecc.o):ecc.c:(.text+0x113c): undefined reference to `_gpg_strerror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(ecc.o):ecc.c:(.text+0x1873): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_syserror' /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a(rsa.o):rsa.c:(.text+0xac2): undefined reference to `_gpg_err_code_from_errno'
The config for this was

CONTRIB_TREE=/usr/win32 export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$CONTRIB_TREE/lib/pkgconfig \ CPPFLAGS="-I$CONTRIB_TREE/include -I$CONTRIB_TREE/include/ebml" \ LDFLAGS="-L$CONTRIB_TREE/lib -lgpg-error" \ # CFLAGS="-lgpg-error" \ CXXCPP=i386-mingw32-cpp \ CC=i386-mingw32-gcc CXX=i386-mingw32-g++ ./configure --host=i386-mingw32 --build=i386-linux \ --disable-gtk \ --enable-sdl --with-sdl-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin --disable-gtk \ --disable-nls --enable-qt4 --disable-skins2 \ --disable-ffmpeg \ --with-ffmpeg-zlib --enable-theora \ --with-wx-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --with-freetype-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --with-fribidi-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --disable-live555 --with-live555-tree=${CONTRIB_TREE}/live.com \ --disable-caca --with-caca-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --with-xml2-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --with-dvdnav-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \ --disable-cddax --disable-vcdx --disable-goom \ --disable-twolame --disable-dvdread --disable-activex \ --disable-gnomevfs --disable-mad --disable-faad --disable-flac --disable-a52 \ --disable-dca --disable-avcodec --disable-avformat --disable-postproc --disable-libmpeg2 \ --disable-optimizations --disable-static \ --enable-debug \
I'm close aren't i?

P.S.: By the way i managed to do native compile on linux (linux binaries) for the vlc0.9.0test3 (git rep) with the following config.

./configure \ --disable-gtk \ --enable-sdl \ --disable-nls --enable-qt4 --disable-skins2 \ --disable-ffmpeg \ --enable-theora \ --disable-live555 \ --disable-caca --disable-dvb --disable-dvbpsi \ --disable-cddax --disable-vcdx --disable-goom \ --disable-twolame --disable-dvdread --disable-activex \ --disable-gnomevfs --disable-mad --disable-faad --disable-flac --disable-a52 \ --disable-dca --disable-avcodec --disable-avformat --disable-postproc --disable-libmpeg2 \ --disable-optimizations --disable-static \ --enable-debug \
Extra things i needed were added as debian packages except from SDL that i downloaded and build with no difficulties..

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 31 Jul 2008 15:28

I think
i386-mingw32-gcc -std=gnu99 -shared .libs/libgnutls_plugin_la-gnutls.o -L/usr/win32/lib /usr/win32/lib/libgpg-error.a /usr/win32/lib/libgnutls.a /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a -lz -lws2_32 ../../src/.libs/libvlccore.dll.a -lmingw32 -mms-bitfields -o .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Xlinker --out-implib -Xlinker .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll.a
should have the -lgpg-error

i386-mingw32-gcc -std=gnu99 -shared .libs/libgnutls_plugin_la-gnutls.o -L/usr/win32/lib /usr/win32/lib/libgpg-error.a /usr/win32/lib/libgnutls.a /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a -lz -lws2_32 -lgpg-error ../../src/.libs/libvlccore.dll.a -lmingw32 -mms-bitfields -o .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Xlinker --out-implib -Xlinker .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll.a

basos
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby basos » 03 Aug 2008 09:53

And what flag should i append to the LDFLAGS??

Right now i have LDFLAGS=-lgpg-error and is produces :

i386-mingw32-gcc -std=gnu99 -shared .libs/libgnutls_plugin_la-gnutls.o -L/usr/win32/lib /usr/win32/lib/libgpg-error.a /usr/win32/lib/libgnutls.a /usr/win32/lib/libgcrypt.a -lz -lws2_32 ../../src/.libs/libvlccore.dll.a -lmingw32 -mms-bitfields -o .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Xlinker --out-implib -Xlinker .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll.a Creating library file: .libs/libgnutls_plugin.dll.a
Notice that the -lgpg-error was translated to /usr/win32/lib/libgpg-error.a . E.g. it provides the absolute path to the library object code ..

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 03 Aug 2008 18:11

IIRC order of libs needs to be correct with GCC, because Libgcrypt depends on libgpg-error. I think libgpg-error.a should after libgcrypt.a but I am not 100% sure about this.

basos
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby basos » 04 Aug 2008 19:27

Yes this is the case. I confirmed it by manually executing the compilation command for libgnutls. But now i am not sure where should i put -lgpg-error .
Looked at Modules.am there is no library entries.
Looked at Makefile.am tried to add -lgpg-error to
libgnutls_plugin_la_LIBADD = $(AM_LIBADD)
or
libgnutls_plugin_la_DEPENDENCIES =
but no results ..
Any suggestions ? I am not really familiar with the makefile.am/.in subsystem...

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 05 Aug 2008 16:49

can you spot the ws2_32 in file?

basos
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby basos » 06 Aug 2008 15:44

No there is no such file under vlc main source tree
Does it have to do with mingw version ? Or libs ?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 06 Aug 2008 23:49

I meant inside make thingy you are trying to edit so you can add lib before it. But you might also have to remove /usr/win32/lib/libgpg-error.a but I don't know where that comes.

basos
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby basos » 08 Aug 2008 10:59

i've discovered some things :
the -lws2_32 and friends come from vlc-config [vlc-config --libs plugin gnutls ]

So we have to mod @ vlc-config : line 144
from
libs="${libs} -L/usr/win32/lib -lgnutls -lgcrypt -lz -lws2_32"
to
libs="${libs} -L/usr/win32/lib -lgnutls -lgcrypt -lz -lws2_32 -lgpg-error"

Also patched every place where -lgcrypt was included

EDIT :: :: FINALY SPOTED
We need to add --with-libgcrypt-prefix=${CONTRIB_TREE} \ to the configuration options or the build system is confused with the local libgcrypt-config .
Consider adding this to http://wiki.videolan.org/Win32Compile

And at last we have binaries !! :D
A question: under src i see vlc.exe but no libvlc.dll.
Where libvlc.dll ought to be ??
Last edited by basos on 09 Aug 2008 00:22, edited 2 times in total.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 08 Aug 2008 17:17

You used make package-win32-base or something similar to build VLC folder?

basos
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby basos » 09 Aug 2008 00:21

Ooops i missed that.. Ok everything is in the new folder (after running make package-win32-base)..
VLC_HELP thanx for the help.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”