open all in playlist by default?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
glazba
New Cone
New Cone

open all in playlist by default?

Postby glazba » 22 Jul 2008 13:47

I'm sure it was always at least an option, but with my latest reinstall of windows, I cant seem to get an option to play all the selected files in a folder in a single VLC window. Instead, selecting them & hitting enter starts off twenty sessions of VLC. I could once right-click and play them all as part of a playlist, but it seems not to have happned this time. Is there a registry edit I can do to give me the option, or a folder menu that will allow me to do it?

thannoy
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 0.9.8a & 1.0-git
Operating System: GNU/Linux Fedora10

Re: open all in playlist by default?

Postby thannoy » 22 Jul 2008 14:03

HI,

I think you can add an entry for folders. With explorer: files association configuration through a menu item (a tab in the window which manage preferences, behavior of Explorer, ...)) then append an entry like this:

Code: Select all

name: play with VLC command: vlc "%1"
You can also do it editing the registry but like this you should be able to do the stuff. If you need to edit the registry, you will find all file extensions in HKLM iirc, and structure is easy to understand.

regards,
anthony

titen
New Cone
New Cone

Re: open all in playlist by default?

Postby titen » 22 Jul 2008 14:31

mine works fine, i don't know what i did. but I'm gonna try to dig in the settings to find out what you can do..

okay i found it, it is under advance with the advance option ticked. lol that sounded weird. well anyway, click the advance tab and the advance option at the bottom right and tick where it says "one instance when starting from file". That's In your case, where you are trying to select multiple video files to play. Also with the "allow only one running instance" if you are trying to play file off the internet, anything that says open with doesn't have to open in a new window anymore. I hope it helps. Comments would be appreciated.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”