Fast fowarding

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Mr Wolf
Cone that earned his stripes

Fast fowarding

Postby Mr Wolf » 18 Dec 2007 12:11

I have VLC version 0.8.6.d and, am I wrong, or fast-forwarding/rewinding with wheel mouse works only with videos played at full screen? While it works well with interface buttons
It would be great to have fast fowarding with audio! (For fast-forwarding boring films!!!)
Last edited by Mr Wolf on 18 Dec 2007 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Re: Fast fowarding

Postby CloudStalker » 18 Dec 2007 17:42

Fast-forwarding/rewinding with the mouse wheel seems to work fine on the desktop like it does in fullscreen with the only difference being that the player must be in focus.

Fast-forwarding with sound is already possible in the nightly builds of VLC 0.9.0 (trunk); it'll be implemented in the final version. The only problem with it at the moment is that the pitch and volume will change as well.

Mr Wolf

Postby Mr Wolf » 18 Dec 2007 19:19

With me, the wheel of the mouse for fastforwarding works only with full screen, while it doesn't work if the video is played at its original size or enlarging fully the window (but with the buttons still visible)
What do you mean with "player must be in focus"?

Ok, I'll wait for the final version to fast-forward films with audio!

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 18 Dec 2007 22:58

What do you mean with "player must be in focus"?
That mean that the player has to be selected in order for the functions to work. If it's not selected (out of focus) then it won't pick up on any input from a mouse or keyboard.

Mr Wolf

Postby Mr Wolf » 18 Dec 2007 23:23

I see, however I still have this problem with the wheel of the mouse, so maybe it's only my problem!
However, is it normal it appears "faster" or "slower" on the screen only when I fast-forward/rewind with a video played full screen?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”