Auto zoom

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
dishwara
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Auto zoom

Postby dishwara » 02 Jun 2007 12:15

hi,
Anyone know how to disable auto zoom.
I want videos to be open without changing window size.
Zoom 1.000 preset doesn't help me.
i have videoswhich have diff screen size.
So is their anyway to open videos without automatically zooming, or changing the window size.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 02 Jun 2007 17:07

Preferences, Video under Window properties enter 781 in Video width and 331 in Video height, then press Save and close the player.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 02 Jun 2007 17:20

You can force the video window size to whatever you want but this will force it on all videos played (you can always manually resize it with the mouse).

Go to: Preferences > Video > (check the "Advanced options" box) scroll down and you'll see something for adjusting video width and video height, just set them to what ever size you want the videos to be and it will automatically resize videos according to those settings.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 02 Jun 2007 17:26

I simply stated the defaults for prior versions of VLC and they work quite well. Did this require a clarification in your opinion? :P Or are you still trying to build browny points? :roll:

dishwara
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dishwara » 02 Jun 2007 17:51

Thanks guys.
Really helpful
350 & 250 suites me well.
Thanks for quick help, which solved long nuisance.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 02 Jun 2007 19:27

I simply stated the defaults for prior versions of VLC and they work quite well. Did this require a clarification in your opinion? Razz Or are you still trying to build browny points?
You can keep your browny points to yourself. :) I just left the reply box open a little too long and when I came back to respond you had already answered. Oh well. :roll:

Oh yeah, dishwara, I'm glad I could help. :P

dishwara
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dishwara » 03 Jun 2007 09:00

Hey guys whats happening???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 03 Jun 2007 09:48

As I recall, I had just baned a bunch of people and gotten rid of about 25 spam messages in all the forums. I get angry when I do this and it is not an easy task here. I probably lashed out when I shouldn't have or normally wouldn't have. :oops:

@CloudStalker: Don't worry about it, this has happened to me too.

My parting thought of the day: When all you have is peanuts, the only thing you seem to attract is Elephants and Monkeys. :lol:

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”