Auto Full Screen For 4 screen video wall

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
jsophrin
New Cone
New Cone

Auto Full Screen For 4 screen video wall

Postby jsophrin » 30 May 2007 11:30

I would like to know if there is a way to have VLC automatically full screen the indiviual sections of the video wall filter. I have four screens splitting up my content, but I have found no indication anywhere on wether this is a feature request or something that I could accomplish right now. It is not required for what I'm doing, but automating this would make many things very easy as opposed to having to drag each section and double click each window. Wouldn't that be cool?

Thanks
Joshua

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 30 May 2007 11:41

--fullscreen ?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

jsophrin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jsophrin » 30 May 2007 13:39

Will that fullscreen all four screens or just primary?

cocquebert
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby cocquebert » 30 May 2007 18:03

Hi,

For all automatic placement & fullscreen, the 'wall' filter is not completed ... You must set each window manually.

You can use 'Panoramix' filter (in 0.9 version) with "panoramix-bz-length" option to 0 (like vlc --vout-filter panoramix --fullscreen --panoramix-bz-length 0). On Windows, this filter auto-detect your screen number (if number of cols/rows is -1) and spawn each part of the wall on the dedicated screen ... (Linux version depend of xinerama otion ...)

Best regards

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”