audio problem

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
KravVelocity
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: windoows/ linux

audio problem

Postby KravVelocity » 07 May 2007 22:12

when i play an audio track it is distorted. i play the same file on winamp and it plays fine. i have tried disabling the EQ and i have tried different setting on the EQ with no luck....anyone else have this prob

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 07 May 2007 22:29

Why would anyone think that EQ would resolve a distortion issue? :P

1. Turn down the volume in VLC. VLC offers gain above 50% volume and some sound cards will overload depending on the level and format of the encoding. Most all other players do not have gain in the volume control.

2. Some sound cards do NOT support "Use float32 output" found in DirectX audio preferences. Try shutting off this option.

KravVelocity
New Cone
New Cone

Postby KravVelocity » 08 May 2007 04:28

thanks for input, and yes the EQ can cause distortion. if u turn the levels up to high it will over load especially since computers use powered speakers and sending an amplified signal to an amplifier will cause distortion.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 08 May 2007 05:18

Ah!!! I was thinking more about CUT and trying to find the band the distortion exists within, when I wrote the post. But this is still a futile effort. The post was not meant to be snide, only mater of fact.

donatopace
New Cone
New Cone

REALTIME EQUALIZER of Creative under VIDEOLAN

Postby donatopace » 08 May 2007 15:58

Hi to all,

I want to use REALTIME EQUALIZER of AUDIGY under VIDEOLAN because the quality and response is better.

Can i use API of SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY under VIDEOLAN??
or there are other possibility?

Thanks.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 08 May 2007 16:10

This would be considered a triple-post!!! :twisted: :evil: :P :twisted: :evil:

Your chances of getting the response you want are actually reduced for every time you post the same topic, just ask DJ. On second thought you might want to clear out of here before he reads this. :lol:

KravVelocity
New Cone
New Cone

Postby KravVelocity » 09 May 2007 03:08

works nice now....i had the volume up to like 80% now that its at 50 every thing is fine. thanks for that bit of info...

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”