size and position

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
greydutch
New Cone
New Cone

size and position

Postby greydutch » 07 May 2007 13:27

Hallo,

I would be very pleased if the following two problems could be solved.

- how can I make VLC to start with always the same window position and size?

- how can I stop VLC from changing window format and size when starting a video. I'd rather see the video adjusted to the window than the other way round.

I have been playing around with video height and width and with the x and y coordinates. I understand that they are -1 by default but nothing seems to happen when I change these values. I am using version 0.86.

Many thanks.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: size and position

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 07 May 2007 15:32

Hallo,

I would be very pleased if the following two problems could be solved.

- how can I make VLC to start with always the same window position and size?

- how can I stop VLC from changing window format and size when starting a video. I'd rather see the video adjusted to the window than the other way round.

I have been playing around with video height and width and with the x and y coordinates. I understand that they are -1 by default but nothing seems to happen when I change these values. I am using version 0.86.

Many thanks.
1/ Yes, you can do it in your preferences.
2/ Hmmm... I think you can't.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 07 May 2007 19:30

Preferences, Video under Windows properties. Change Video width to 781 and Video Height to 331 then press Save and close the player. This is the old default for versions prior to 0.8.5

greydutch
New Cone
New Cone

Postby greydutch » 07 May 2007 23:13

Thank you for your response. As said, I already played around with the values for the windows size. I also tried the 781/331 suggestion that I had seen in another posting.

However, nothing seems to happen: when I start Videolan again and open a video file, the size and the position of the window are changed. Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 07 May 2007 23:54

Try deleting VLC's preferences folder and start again as this works here and has when I first used it in 0.8.5 and now I'm using 0.8.6b and it still works.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”