VLC 720p Playback issues (Re-Post) Please Help!

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Electrolight
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC 720p Playback issues (Re-Post) Please Help!

Postby Electrolight » 18 Apr 2007 07:24

VLC seems to have problems playing most of the 1280x720p videos downloaded from the Xbox Live Marketplace. The videos are Windows Media and I think they use the YV12, WMV3, and WVC1 codecs. Some of the videos I’ve tried that don’t work well are the Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer, Halo 3 Multiplayer Vidoc, Battlefield Bad Company Teaser, and the Shadowrun ''Love'' Trailer. I don’t think it is the codecs because I have tried to play other videos from the XBLM with a lower resolution like Unreal Tournament 3 Gamers Day Trailer, and the BlackSite Area 51 Announcement Trailer, and they play better then the others. The worst one is the Halo 3 Multiplayer Vidoc, which I have included links to so you can see for yourself what I’m talking about. Some other problems that I would like to point out in VLC is that the progress bar on the player skips around and that after jumping around to different parts of a video the video is pixilated and the colors are all mixed up, its quite annoying. Please only respond if you have something useful to say.Part One,Part Two,Part Three,Part Four. Hosted at Rapidshare. I appreciate any help you can give me.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 18 Apr 2007 07:29

Please don't double post here. See the rules for posting! :twisted:

Electrolight
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Electrolight » 18 Apr 2007 07:35

Sorry, I would delete my older post if I knew how. This new post contains updated information so I decided to make a new post.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 18 Apr 2007 07:47

For the future, if you want to update information to one of your posts just edit it. Rewrite the information, or if you want, write it in notepad or some text editing program first, just in case.

Trax
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Trax » 26 Apr 2007 02:05

add --codec dmo to your commandline. FFmpeg doesn't support WVC1 fully yet. dmo will switch to windows .dll's for decoding.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”