opening 2 different video's

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
tehobit
New Cone
New Cone

opening 2 different video's

Postby tehobit » 14 Apr 2007 02:45

I want to beable to have multiple videos open at the same time, i used to beableto do this but had to reinstall VLC, and now it wont. i cant rember how i got it to work llike that but it did and now i want it to do that again. does anyone know how i can set that up?

Thanks

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 14 Apr 2007 03:20

The Windows version of VLC can open multiple instances by default. Go to: Preferences > Advanced (check the "Advanced options" box at the bottom-right corner of the preferences menu), and make sure that the box for "Allow only one running instance" is unchecked.

tehobit
New Cone
New Cone

worked

Postby tehobit » 14 Apr 2007 03:32

thanks, it worked, had "one instanced started from file" checked for some reason.

ohh, just remembered anothere question, i have been having some trouble playing wmv's and asf's for quite soem time, even befor i reinstalled.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 14 Apr 2007 06:21

I don't really see a question, and what is the trouble that you're having? They won't play? They skip? :?: ?

tehobit
New Cone
New Cone

Postby tehobit » 14 Apr 2007 09:10

huh, ya i guess i forgot to acualy say what was wrong

it just shuts down and gives one of those program has failed would you ilike to report a bug window thingum

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 14 Apr 2007 09:29

Could very well be true, but this should be corrected starting with VLC 0.8.6 as FFmpeg now plays WMv3 files using the VC1 decoder. It is also backward compatible to Microsoft using the --codec dmo switch.

However, I never had a problem with WMv3 files using Microsoft's DMOs and VLC because I had WMF 9 installed along with WMP 10 and kept them updated. I also had WVC-1 installed for Microsoft's VC1 which also worked in VLC.

marcuschan
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby marcuschan » 14 Apr 2007 11:40

I have a web page with 2 vlc plugins (npvlc for firefox)

they can work well together ...one display the local webcam, another receive strema and display ..both can work well at the same time...

BUT, when I quit Firefox, I got "Firefox error ..abend .."

any idea ??? :?: :?: :?:

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 15 Apr 2007 11:14

As I recall this is a known issue and I believe it exists only in the mozilla plugin.

You can try looking at the trac reports to see what kind of progress has been made on this issue. I haven't followed this one for some time so didn't go looking for it.

http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/report

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”