Play few videos at the same time (full screen)

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
gointern
New Cone
New Cone

Play few videos at the same time (full screen)

Postby gointern » 02 Apr 2007 00:47

Can VLC play multiple videos in full screen?

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 02 Apr 2007 00:53

Yes! But the resolution of the video and capabilities of your machine may come into play here as to how well the video will be presented.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 02 Apr 2007 00:54

Maybe if you have a second video output for another monitor or a TV screen. Or do you mean something similar to some capture cards that show 16 channels at a time, only for videos?

gointern
New Cone
New Cone

Postby gointern » 02 Apr 2007 00:55

Yes! But the resolution of the video and capabilities of your machine may come into play here as to how well the video will be presented.
how can I play multiple videos in full screen?

gointern
New Cone
New Cone

Postby gointern » 02 Apr 2007 00:56

Maybe if you have a second video output for another monitor or a TV screen. Or do you mean something similar to some capture cards that show 16 channels at a time, only for videos?
exactly like video capture cards. But instead videos would play.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 02 Apr 2007 01:13

I don’t think VLC can do this, in fact, I don’t know of any media player that can, if you know of one please share. Some video cards have enough trouble just handling one video (maybe it’s just mine). :oops:

If you really want this, then I would suggest requesting it in the “Feature Request” topic, but sorry to say, I don’t see anything happening with this anytime soon.

gointern
New Cone
New Cone

Postby gointern » 02 Apr 2007 03:04

any way to remove borders?

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby CloudStalker » 02 Apr 2007 03:54

:P So you lined them up, interesting. :idea: Well to get rid of the borders, go to: Preferences > Video (Check the “Advanced options” box at the bottom-right corner), scroll down and disable “Window decoration”.

I’m almost sure you’re going to run into problems here, because once you turn off Window decoration there’s no way to move all of the video windows and line them up as you have them now (unless you’re running a Mac).

So I guess the feature requests should be for:

• The ability to Move video windows that have no border (for Microsoft Windows)
  • Make interface and controls completely transparent until mouse-over; I think this idea’s even better :wink:
  • Allow VLC to use mouse-over function; yeah, that’s kind of important for the above to work :roll:
Overall, these features would probably help your setup, but I don’t see this as the answer to your question. Maybe the above is just the answer to my questions, oops. :)

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”