HOWTO for cross compiling Java bindings for VLC (i.e., JVLC)

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
totally_random_alias
New Cone
New Cone

HOWTO for cross compiling Java bindings for VLC (i.e., JVLC)

Postby totally_random_alias » 14 Feb 2007 17:53

I've posted a page detailing how I managed to get the latest version of JVLC compiling properly on my linux machine with win32 as the target:

http://www.mrl.nott.ac.uk/~str/pages/jvlc.html

I'm sure that a lot of what I'm doing is cheap hacking, so would be more than happy for people to point out proper solutions/fixes particularly for the makefiles...

Thanks.

ahmdprog
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ahmdprog » 19 Feb 2007 07:29

hi,

Many thanks for your explanation.

Actually, I need to make my hands up and say, I am sorry, I am unable to solve the JVLC problem that makes the JVM crash.

Yes, I have improve something after some modification, now the JVM rarely crashed. But still we need clean copy and now mistakes at all.

I have setup cross compiler using FC6 and i have compiled the JVLC many many times, but still the same story.

I have rewrite all the JNI staff, and I have rewrite all Java Code. but still the same problem.

Now, I am pretty sure that the problem is from the building the JVLC.DLL, i mean, that there is something missing in the dll, which it is out or my knowledge and experience.

I think, the JVLC developer they are doing something for us, I will try to contact them, but I know that they don't like me, because I am always comments on their works.

today, I will start to test the JVLC in Linux platform, maybe there is no JVM crashing, i really board from windows stuff.

Regards,
Ahmad.

totally_random_alias
New Cone
New Cone

Crashing

Postby totally_random_alias » 19 Feb 2007 12:59

I only get JVM crashes when I call input.setTime() or input.setPosition().

I'm in contact with the JVLC authors about this so we'll see how it goes. Any updates on that front I'll post to my webpage.

ahmdprog
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ahmdprog » 19 Feb 2007 14:06

hi,

I have complied JVLC many many times. I have compiled using Cywin in windows. and no success of any modification.

the JVM crashing coming not only in these functions, the crashing coming when trying to create instance
_instance = createInstance( args );

and these crashing is not happening constantly.

and I would like to add important not:
if you need to run pure testing and successfully testing, you need PC running windows Operating system and JVM ONLY. because if you running in machine having VLC installed, sometimes the JVM will use the registed DLL in windows not the one that compiled for JVLC.

recently, I have setup cross compiler in Fedora Core 6, and I have compiled the JVLC, and still the same story happened with me.
and unfortunately, compiling as cross compiler using Fedora is too much headache

by the end of this week, i will have debian, and i will setup exactly as the same as you have, and we will see if there is deferences.

if you like I can keep discuss these issue by email loop. or you can drop me the compiled version that you have and i will test it.
my email is ahmdprog@gmail.com

Regards,
Ahmad

vdaburon
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Crashing setTime or setPosition

Postby vdaburon » 19 Feb 2007 14:38

I only get JVM crashes when I call input.setTime() or input.setPosition().

I'm in contact with the JVLC authors about this so we'll see how it goes. Any updates on that front I'll post to my webpage.

No luck, i need his functionalities ... I'm waiting for an operationnal version.
Vincent.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”