More than one

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
hoshinaru
New Cone
New Cone

More than one

Postby hoshinaru » 10 Feb 2007 06:34

How do you view more than one video at the same time with vlc media player. I remember i used to be able to do this.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 10 Feb 2007 06:50

Clone the video, or open up two VLC media players and drag you’re videos to the individual playlists. I don’t remember it being able to open two videos from the same player, maybe this will be possible in the future. :?:

lady_original2005
New Cone
New Cone

more than one

Postby lady_original2005 » 16 Feb 2007 08:51

YES!!! You used to be able to open more than one vlc at a time. Now I don't see it in the preferences.....
is there an older player I can revert back to??

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 16 Feb 2007 09:23

Hmm… well it seems to be working fine on my computer, and I’m running VLC version 0.8.6a. So you didn’t find this in the “Advanced” menu? Make sure to select the “Advanced options” box.

If you still come up with nothing, then delete you’re preferences folder and see if this changes anything. Sorry if I couldn’t help you any further.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 16 Feb 2007 09:23

Search multiple instances on this forum...
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

lady_original2005
New Cone
New Cone

Postby lady_original2005 » 18 Feb 2007 20:07

[quote="CloudStalker"]Hmm… well it seems to be working fine on my computer, and I’m running VLC version 0.8.6a. So you didn’t find this in the “Advanced” menu? Make sure to select the “Advanced options” box.

If you still come up with nothing, then delete you’re preferences folder and see if this changes anything. Sorry if I couldn’t help you any further.[/quote]

I am using 8.6a in the 'advance' section I don't see an option to open in separate ... is it worded differently??? What should I select??
hoew do I delete the preferences folder?

thanks...

yoann
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby yoann » 19 Feb 2007 09:47

Try Settings -> Preferences... -> Advanced
Check "Advanced options"
Uncheck "One instance when started from file", and "Allow only one running instance".
Yoann Peronneau
http://www.yoann.org

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”