SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1 - Installation problems

*nix specific usage questions
scorpion76
New Cone
New Cone

SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1 - Installation problems

Postby scorpion76 » 11 Jan 2012 10:09

Goodmorning, i'll trying to install VLC on SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1...I've updated the system with all the patch and new kernel approved by SUSE/Novell.
On the download page of the website i'm redirected on OpenSUSE installation page but if i try to start the installation process using one of the five kind of VLC (for 12.1, 11.4 etc etc..) i'll find this problem:

impossible to find libstdc++.so.6 mandatory to install vlc-1.1.13.....

so...the GLIBC version installed on the system is 2.11.1-0.34.1 (X86_64) and i cannot upgrade to the latest version needed by VLC (i'll tryed but system crash...)
what version of VLC can run using my library? where i can download and compile manually? someone have just doit this job?

tnks and best rgds
Gianluca

dimstar
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1 - Installation prob

Postby dimstar » 26 Feb 2012 18:10

So far there hasn't been much request for SLE based VLC players...
At times, the best hit for SLE11 used to be openSUSE 11.1 (which is ultimately what SLE is based on). I'm not sure how much away SLE11SP1 drifted from that rule, but usually this should still be the best hit for SLE based systems.

(11.1 is probably no longer listed on the portal, as openSUSE 11.1 is long out of support, but the repositories should still be available. Simply add
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/11.1 as a new repository and install vlc using yast package manager.
)

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”