vlc-android - how to pass command line option?

*nix specific usage questions
vladimir19444
New Cone
New Cone

vlc-android - how to pass command line option?

Postby vladimir19444 » 27 Apr 2011 16:52

I have successfully built and ran vlc-android - many thanks to all developers who made this possible!
I ran it with RTSP video source and found that it uses buffering of about 1200 ms for the video stream - too much for my application. In the desktop VLC I can pass the command line option like :rtsp-caching=<integer> after the data source URL and it does what I want. When I do the same in vlc-android it wouldn't play the stream, considering the option as a part of media file name. When I look at LogCat debug stream, I see the indication that it loads some default options from "configure" file. How to add options to that file? It is apparently a part of NDK-built libvlcjni.so shared library. Or may be there is some other way to pass an option to vlc-android during the runtime?

Please advise.

Vladimir

gascani
New Cone
New Cone

Re: vlc-android - how to pass command line option?

Postby gascani » 28 Apr 2011 16:48

can you please tell me how to play rtsp on vlc-android. Did you include live555?

SimFox3
New Cone
New Cone

Postby SimFox3 » 01 Aug 2011 01:53

Sorry for bumping this old topic, but did you find a solution to passing in command-line options? Either in run-time or via a configuration file.

Thanks.

XilasZ
Developer
Developer

Postby XilasZ » 05 Aug 2011 15:03

take a look at nativeInit() in extras/package/android/vlc-android/jni/libvlcjni.c

Aqualung
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Aqualung » 07 Oct 2013 17:21

take a look at nativeInit() in extras/package/android/vlc-android/jni/libvlcjni.c
Yep, I know this is an old discussion, though it still remains (in my opinion) far from being resolved. In Android, what is the command line to start VLC with the playback of a certain file please? (If it makes any difference, the file happens to be on an FTP server. And yes, I know what the format of an FTP command is...)

Many thanks!

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 08 Oct 2013 00:38

You pass the intent.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”