VLC 1.0.5 "option rtp-caching does not exist" (UPDATED)

*nix specific usage questions
TuxBobble
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC 1.0.5 "option rtp-caching does not exist" (UPDATED)

Postby TuxBobble » 15 May 2010 17:03

**UPDATE**
So, I found that I was able to compile and build from the Git repository, but not from the tar.gz file hosted on the web. HOWEVER, I am still unable to connect to an RTP stream on a multicast IP address and receive a VLC-x264-encoded a/v stream. If it matters, the stream originates in a Windows environment...but I don't see why it would since the x264 compression should be the same regardless (though the Windows machine is now running 1.1.0-pre1 and the FC12 is running 1.2.0 from the Git repo--I'll be reverting to 1.1.0 to match Windows in testing, but again, I don't expect it to resolve the problem)

I'm trying to get an RTP stream functioning in VLC at the moment, and I haven't had any success so far. When I launch via the shell in Fedora Core 12, and I try to open an RTP stream on my network, the following message appears:

Code: Select all

main interface error: option rtp-caching does not exist
I will also note here that the same occurs when I try to select UDP from the drop-down box. This is using build 1.0.5 from a yum install. I have tried downloading the 1.1.0-pre1 source, but I have had no success trying to build it, so that's not currently what I'm pursuing. (plenty of errors doing that as well)

If anyone has any ideas on solving this issue, please let me know. It is very important that I get RTP (or at LEAST UDP) streaming functioning on my Fedora build.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: VLC 1.0.5 "option rtp-caching does not exist" (FC12)

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 15 May 2010 18:42

This error implies that your VLC build does not include the RTP plugin.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”