please ask a h264 problom

*nix specific usage questions
dragon-pk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

please ask a h264 problom

Postby dragon-pk » 17 Jun 2008 11:37

I use vlc-0.8.6c version and it don't play h264 flim in windows clients by vlc server in linux.i look for about topics in vlc bbs and find this is possible because of without using devel version as jb said. please who tell me i should use which version vlc?can't vlc-0.8.6c support h264?
thanks!

dragon-pk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: please ask a h264 problom

Postby dragon-pk » 18 Jun 2008 03:24

who knew this?

MetalheadGautham
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 0.9 series
Operating System: ArchLinux i686

Postby MetalheadGautham » 18 Jun 2008 06:43

Which VLC server do you use for Linux ?
For clients, I recommend the latest version of VLC. Check the download page. Its 0.8.6h as of now.

Did you enable postprocessing of the videos in the client's computers by any chance ? What about other filters ? Try disabling them all. As for the server, if you tried to preprocess video before streaming, its bitrate may have increased to a level beyond what the network supports. So clients may not have been able to receive video at a proper speed.

Finally, please post the system configuration of your server and the upload speed you have on the server. This can help clear many things.
Visit: VLC and Other alternatives to Popular Media Players
On Linux, blindly use VLC, SMPlayer, Kaffeine, GXine, Totem and MPlayer
PM requests to attend to problems will not be entertained
Please post your question in the RIGHT forum.
SEARCH before posting to see if your question's been already answered

dragon-pk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dragon-pk » 19 Jun 2008 10:54

Which VLC server do you use for Linux ?
For clients, I recommend the latest version of VLC. Check the download page. Its 0.8.6h as of now.

Did you enable postprocessing of the videos in the client's computers by any chance ? What about other filters ? Try disabling them all. As for the server, if you tried to preprocess video before streaming, its bitrate may have increased to a level beyond what the network supports. So clients may not have been able to receive video at a proper speed.

Finally, please post the system configuration of your server and the upload speed you have on the server. This can help clear many things.

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”