JVLC linux

*nix specific usage questions
broschb
New Cone
New Cone

JVLC linux

Postby broschb » 08 May 2007 05:58

I have stepped away from trying to get this to work for a few months, and am now revisiting this. I am still not able to get this working, I have set up a project in eclipse, and when I try to run I get the following.

Creating a JVLC instance without argsException in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/lib/libjvlc.so.0.0.0: /usr/local/lib/libjvlc.so.0.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLC.<clinit>(JVLC.java:36)
at VLCExample.main(VLCExample.java:25)

I have added the .so libraries to my /usr/local/lib, and added that to my classpath using
-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib

Any help to get this working under linux would be appreciated.

I am using kubunutu.

thanks,

lukas23
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: JVLC linux

Postby lukas23 » 04 Jul 2007 15:29

I'm having a similar behaviour. My output is as follows

Code: Select all

== Starting VLCExample == Creating a JVLC instance without args Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/lib/jvlc/libjvlc.so.0.0.0: libmawt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030) at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLC.<clinit>(JVLC.java:36) at de.nec.nle.test.VLCExample.main(VLCExample.java:27)
I have the libraries in /usr/local/lib/jvlc, but also the java.library.path is pointing to that folder. I've also tried with the libraries directly in the lib folder, but so far no success. I've tried with Java 1.4, 5 and 6, all of them for AMD64. Eclipse is version 3.2 for 64bits and I'm using the Ubuntu Dapper Drake distribution for 64bits also.

Any help will be really apreciated.
Thanks in advanced

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”