Error when installing (building) vlc on debian

*nix specific usage questions
hurricane
New Cone
New Cone

Error when installing (building) vlc on debian

Postby hurricane » 24 Mar 2007 15:41

Hello everybosy,
i have a big problem when i built vlc with package source.

When i realize a make install, i have this :

Code: Select all

gcc -Wsign-compare -Wall -pipe -o vlc vlc-vlc.o src/libvlc.a ./modules/misc/memcpy/libmemcpymmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi420_rgb_mmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi422_yuy2_mmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi420_ymga_mmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi420_yuy2_mmx.a ./modules/misc/memcpy/libmemcpymmxext.a ./modules/misc/memcpy/libmemcpy3dn.a ./modules/mux/mpeg/libmux_ts.a ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a ./modules/stream_out/libstream_out_switcher.a -L/usr/local/lib -lrt -lpthread -ldl /usr/lib/libdvbpsi.so -lpostproc -lavcodec -lavutil -lm ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-demux.o): In function `CloseDemux__ffmpeg': demux.c:(.text+0x7d): undefined reference to `av_close_input_file' ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-demux.o): In function `Demux': demux.c:(.text+0x2dd): undefined reference to `av_read_frame' ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-demux.o): In function `OpenDemux__ffmpeg': demux.c:(.text+0x628): undefined reference to `av_register_all' demux.c:(.text+0x634): undefined reference to `av_probe_input_format' demux.c:(.text+0x799): undefined reference to `init_put_byte' demux.c:(.text+0x7ca): undefined reference to `av_open_input_stream' demux.c:(.text+0x7dd): undefined reference to `av_find_stream_info' ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-demux.o): In function `.L147': demux.c:(.text+0x12cc): undefined reference to `av_seek_frame' ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-demux.o): In function `.L144': demux.c:(.text+0x1460): undefined reference to `av_seek_frame' demux.c:(.text+0x180f): undefined reference to `av_seek_frame' ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-mux.o): In function `CloseMux__ffmpeg': mux.c:(.text+0xb2): undefined reference to `av_write_trailer' ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-mux.o): In function `OpenMux__ffmpeg': mux.c:(.text+0x185): undefined reference to `av_register_all' mux.c:(.text+0x1ac): undefined reference to `guess_format' mux.c:(.text+0x210): undefined reference to `av_alloc_format_context' mux.c:(.text+0x2a1): undefined reference to `init_put_byte' mux.c:(.text+0x2ca): undefined reference to `av_set_parameters' ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-mux.o): In function `Mux': mux.c:(.text+0x673): undefined reference to `av_destruct_packet_nofree' mux.c:(.text+0x7c1): undefined reference to `av_write_frame' mux.c:(.text+0x849): undefined reference to `av_write_header' ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-mux.o): In function `AddStream': mux.c:(.text+0x9eb): undefined reference to `av_new_stream' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[2]: *** [vlc] Erreur 1 make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /usr/local/share/easybox/vlc-0.8.6a » make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1 make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /usr/local/share/easybox/vlc-0.8.6a » make: *** [all] Erreur 2
Someone could help me ?

Thanks

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 24 Mar 2007 20:54

Use an older ffmpeg version.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

hurricane
New Cone
New Cone

Postby hurricane » 25 Mar 2007 10:10

ok but where could i download ffmpeg because on the site of ffmpeg you download it by svn. So you don't have the choice of version.
And if you could say your version, it will great and where i could donwload it.

Dave

andrewstone
New Cone
New Cone

SOLUTION: Re: Error when installing (building) vlc on debian

Postby andrewstone » 11 Jul 2007 19:14

I had the same problem on Ubuntu 7. This worked for me:

make vlc_WORKAROUNDLFDLAGS=-lavformat

It seems like vlc makefile nicely provlded the "vlc_WORKAROUNDLFDLAGS" variable for exactly these sorts of problems...

Andrew

ustunozgur
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Error when installing (building) vlc on debian

Postby ustunozgur » 14 Jul 2007 22:00

Regarding using svn, svn does not necessarily get the latest version. You can tell it to get a specific revision, i.e. it acts as a time machine. see: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch03s03.html

mostkind_guy
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Error when installing (building) vlc on debian

Postby mostkind_guy » 26 Aug 2007 22:53

My dear,,
I got the same problem here. Finally I found the solution for our problem you got to install only "libavformat-dev" package.
at lease this solved my problem...

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”