import read fail for vlc pubkey

*nix specific usage questions
dozilla
New Cone
New Cone

import read fail for vlc pubkey

Postby dozilla » 12 Feb 2007 23:22

I posted earlier about this but I'm getting an import read failed. I followed the instructions from the downloads page. The part where it says to download the pubkey here, it forwards me to a page which is the contents of the pubkey, which then in turns gives the import read failure. This is the only thing that's preventing me from installing vlc thru yum. Please help.

gfts
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: import read fail for vlc pubkey

Postby gfts » 13 Feb 2007 06:16

I posted earlier about this but I'm getting an import read failed. I followed the instructions from the downloads page. The part where it says to download the pubkey here, it forwards me to a page which is the contents of the pubkey, which then in turns gives the import read failure. This is the only thing that's preventing me from installing vlc thru yum. Please help.
I had the same problem, what i did was,
1. open the link in a browser, and copy the contents.
2. create a file gpg_pubkey_jean-paul.saman.asc , open it, and paste the contents.
3. rpm -import gpg_pubkey_jean-paul.saman.asc

It Worked for me

dozilla
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dozilla » 13 Feb 2007 18:09

Hey there, i've tried that. is there a specific place to put the file? cuz i have it on the desktop and tried the import and still got the read fail error.

dozilla
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dozilla » 13 Feb 2007 18:20

I got it to work. I was creating a new document with open office instead of creating a new file through the terminal. It imported fine. Thanks for your response, it kept me from frustration.

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”