VLC transcoding and save problems

*nix specific usage questions
rmsoto
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC transcoding and save problems

Postby rmsoto » 03 Apr 2014 10:09

Hello all,

I´m doing some tests with VLC for transcoding and save some multicast TS. I want to transcode them keeping all the ES inside TS (DVB and TXT Subtitles, audio tracks, video...) and then record them as TS as well. What I found is that I have two commands (following the sintaxys) but I have different results:

Code: Select all

cvlc -I dummy udp://@224.168.223.60:2060 --sout-mux-caching=500 --sout-ts-dts-delay=-100 --sout "#duplicate{dst=transcode{vcodec=x264,vb=300,scale=2,acodec=aac,ab=48,channels=2},dst=standard{mux=ts,access=file,dst=/home/obencoder/vlc_files/prueba_$(date +%Y_%m_%d)_$(date +%H%M%S).ts}}" --sout-all --no-ts-split-es --sout-ts-es-id-pid --extraintf=logger --verbose=3 --logfile=/home/obencoder/vlc_files/vlc_2.log --logmode=text
What I get is with the command above is non transcoded file, I mean, I have the same bitrate at the output file than in the input stream. See file File and output log Log_file

The second command, without the duplicate output is not working at all, as I get a 0kb file...the record file is created but nothing is recorded:

Code: Select all

cvlc -I dummy udp://@224.168.223.60:2060 --sout-mux-caching=500 --sout-ts-dts-delay=-100 --sout "#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=500,scale=2,acodec=aac,ab=48,channels=2}:standard{mux=ts,access=file,dst="/home/obencoder/vlc_files/prueba_$(date +%Y_%m_%d)_$(date +%H%M%S).ts"}" --sout-all --no-ts-split-es --sout-ts-es-id-pid --extraintf=logger --verbose=3 --logfile=/home/obencoder/vlc_files/vlc.log --logmode=text
The output log file is Log_file

I´m a little bit lost and maybe is a silly thing...anyone can help? I´m using ubuntu 12.04LTS server and vlc 2.1.3

Regards,
Raúl.

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”