[libaacs] trouble with bluray drive and libaacs on linux

*nix specific usage questions
grim_lokason
New Cone
New Cone

[libaacs] trouble with bluray drive and libaacs on linux

Postby grim_lokason » 07 Feb 2014 02:04

Hello,

I'm trying to play bluray on my gentoo box without succes.

I'm getting this :

Code: Select all

mediacenter@abyss ~/.config/aacs $ aacs_info /media/ASTERIX_ET_CLEOPATRE/ Opening /media/ASTERIX_ET_CLEOPATRE/ using libaacs 0.7.0 ... libaacs: libaacs/mmc.c:1265: Drive does not support reading drive certificate libaacs: libaacs/aacs.c:937: Unable to read drive certificate libaacs open succeed. libaacs: libaacs/crypto.c:497: _aacs_verify: gcry_pk_verify failed. error was: Missing item in object libaacs: libaacs/aacs.c:448: invalid host revocation list signature, not using it libaacs: libaacs/crypto.c:497: _aacs_verify: gcry_pk_verify failed. error was: Missing item in object libaacs: libaacs/crypto.c:497: _aacs_verify: gcry_pk_verify failed. error was: Missing item in object libaacs: libaacs/crypto.c:497: _aacs_verify: gcry_pk_verify failed. error was: Missing item in object libaacs: libaacs/crypto.c:497: _aacs_verify: gcry_pk_verify failed. error was: Missing item in object Disc ID: E[...]D VID : F[...]C MKBv : 25 PMSN : ??? Bus encryption: Device support: no Enabled in media: no Device binding ID: F[...]3 Host Revocation List (MKB version 0): (empty) libaacs: libaacs/crypto.c:497: _aacs_verify: gcry_pk_verify failed. error was: Missing item in object libaacs: libaacs/aacs.c:1282: invalid signature in cached drl Drive Revocation List (MKB version 0): (empty)

I've try the same bluray, with the same drive on windows, with the same keydb.cfg and vlc was able to read it.
Getting the vuk form windows to the gentoo doesn't help :/

I've done a strace of the aacs_info , and that part seems interesting to me but i don't know how to get ride of this :

open("/dev/sr0", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK) = 5 close(3) = 0 munmap(0x7fb912d0a000, 4096) = 0 ioctl(5, CDROM_SEND_PACKET, 0x7fff4ba6c760) = 0 write(2, "libaacs: libaacs/mmc.c:1265: Dri"..., 78libaacs: libaacs/mmc.c:1265: Drive does not support reading drive certificate ) = 78 ioctl(5, CDROM_SEND_PACKET, 0x7fff4ba6cae0) = -1 EIO (Input/output error) write(2, "libaacs: libaacs/aacs.c:937: Una"..., 62libaacs: libaacs/aacs.c:937: Unable to read drive certificate ) = 62
I'v also tried with libaacs from git (compiled one hour ago)and i get this :

abyss libaacs # aacs_info /media/ASTERIX_ET_CLEOPATRE/ Opening /media/ASTERIX_ET_CLEOPATRE/ using libaacs 0.7.0 ... libaacs: libaacs/mmc.c:1265: Drive does not support reading drive certificate libaacs: libaacs/aacs.c:937: Unable to read drive certificate libaacs open succeed. libaacs: libaacs/aacs.c:515: Host certificate FFFF80000039 has been revoked. libaacs: libaacs/mmc.c:1049: Host key / Certificate has been revoked by your drive ? libaacs: libaacs/aacs.c:515: Host certificate FFFF00000064 has been revoked. libaacs: libaacs/mmc.c:1049: Host key / Certificate has been revoked by your drive ? libaacs: libaacs/aacs.c:515: Host certificate FFFF000000AE has been revoked. libaacs: libaacs/mmc.c:1049: Host key / Certificate has been revoked by your drive ? libaacs: libaacs/aacs.c:515: Host certificate FFFF0000000C has been revoked. libaacs: libaacs/mmc.c:1049: Host key / Certificate has been revoked by your drive ? Disc ID: E[...]D VID : F[...]C MKBv : 25 PMSN : ??? Bus encryption: Device support: no Enabled in media: no Device binding ID: D[...]8 Host Revocation List (MKB version 44): A lot of lines Drive Revocation List (MKB version 44): 3 lines
Also from what i've saw, aacs_info doesn't create drl and hrl in ~/.cache/aacs.

If someone can point me out what i'm missing... ^^'

Regards !

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: [libaacs] trouble with bluray drive and libaacs on linux

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 13 Feb 2014 12:34

Against what version of libgcrypt did you build?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

neverthelessfree
New Cone
New Cone

Postby neverthelessfree » 26 May 2014 23:32

I had the same problem with gentoo caused by the libgcrypt version :
  • dev-libs/libgcrypt-1.6.1-r1:0/20 USE="-static-libs"
New bluray libraries are not matured in gentoo : ~amd64 keyword should be avoid for libaacs, libbluray and libgcrypt. AACS decoder works very well with this config :
  • dev-libs/libgcrypt-1.5.3:0/11 USE="-static-libs"
  • media-libs/libaacs-0.5.0 USE="-static-libs"
  • media-libs/libbluray-0.3.0 USE="aacs java truetype utils xml -static-libs"
BTW : in order to have BD+ :
I was able to decode all bluray even after removing my cache ( ~/.cache/aacs ) with this configuration :
  • update to media-libs/libbluray-0.4.0
  • update to libaacs-0.7.0 ( just for libbdplus build - configure fails otherwise )
  • install media-libs/libbdplus-0.1.0 with gentoo overlay from tianon/gentoo-overlay
  • downgrade to libaacs-0.6.0 : in order to make libaacs working again
I still have this error but it don't seems to make more problem : failed: /usr/lib64/libaacs.so.0: undefined symbol: aacs_get_device_binding_id

Regards,

StarbuckOnBSG
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby StarbuckOnBSG » 16 Oct 2014 10:26

To let all now that a public AACS keys database is available as well a KEYDB.cfg updater program.

AACS Updater is open source and might be easy to build on Linux and Mac OS X (I do only Windows builds).

Project page for advanced users: http://www.labdv.com/aacs/advanced-users.php

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”