VLC on Android

*nix specific usage questions
craigacgomez
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC on Android

Postby craigacgomez » 12 Sep 2011 11:12

I've been trying to make the modifications needed to run VLC on ARMv7 devices without NEON... like Tegra 2 powered devices... I have a Viewsonic GTablet which has a Tegra 2 chipset and I've made these changes in configure.sh...

Code: Select all

if [ -z "$NO_NEON" ]; then CXX_TARGET="armeabi-v7a" CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a8 -ftree-vectorize -mvectorize-with-neon-quad" LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -Wl,--fix-cortex-a8" EXTRA_PARAMS="" else CXX_TARGET="armeabi-v7a" CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -Wa,-march=armv7a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mthumb-interwork" EXTRA_PARAMS=" --disable-neon" fi
yeah! I replaced the ARMv6 section... I've built successfully built and run VLC on my GTablet... on Froyo, everything seem to work fine... 720p video with audio... however, on Honeycomb (yes, it's a hacked port), video works fine but there is no audio... any particular reason why audio is broken or is it just an issue with Honeycomb??

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 14 Sep 2011 01:08

Please share a patch.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

dmfr77
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dmfr77 » 20 Sep 2011 12:19

Just to confirm that below amendment to configure.sh :

if [ -z "$NO_NEON" ]; then CXX_TARGET="armeabi-v7a" CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a8 -ftree-vectorize -mvectorize-with-neon-quad" LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -Wl,--fix-cortex-a8" EXTRA_PARAMS="" else CXX_TARGET="armeabi-v7a" CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -Wa,-march=armv7a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mthumb-interwork" EXTRA_PARAMS=" --disable-neon" fi
enables VLC to work fine, video and audio, on Iconia Tab (Tegra 2, non-NEON) running Honeycomb 3.2.

billbylake
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: Linux

Postby billbylake » 21 Oct 2011 21:26

Same here: black screen and crash......
Solved this by replacing line (125) in the file extras/package/android/vlc-android/src/org/videolan/vlc/android/DatabaseManager.java :

PLAYLIST_MEDIA_ID + " INTEGER PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL AUTOINCREMENT, " +
by
PLAYLIST_MEDIA_ID + " INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT NOT NULL, " +
Gosh i missed this, should have come here earlier, I had exactly the same problem!!!
After trying for sometime I took and tried to build a new version from http://wiki.videolan.org/AndroidCompile and now blocked by JNI compilation error like below:

zbgh@zbgh:~/android/android$ VLC_BUILD_DIR=vlc/android make === Building libvlcjni with neon === make[1]: Entering directory `/home/zbgh/android/android/vlc-android' Compile thumb : vlcjni <= libvlcjni.c Compile thumb : vlcjni <= aout.c Compile thumb : vlcjni <= thumbnailer.c SharedLibrary : libvlcjni.so ../vlc/android/modules/audio_filter/.libs/libspeex_resampler_plugin.a(libspeex_resampler_plugin_la-speex.o): In function `Close': speex.c:(.text+0x2a0): undefined reference to `speex_resampler_destroy' ../vlc/android/modules/audio_filter/.libs/libspeex_resampler_plugin.a(libspeex_resampler_plugin_la-speex.o): In function `Open': speex.c:(.text+0x418): undefined reference to `speex_resampler_init' speex.c:(.text+0x420): undefined reference to `speex_resampler_strerror' ../vlc/android/modules/audio_filter/.libs/libspeex_resampler_plugin.a(libspeex_resampler_plugin_la-speex.o): In function `Resample': speex.c:(.text+0x5fc): undefined reference to `speex_resampler_set_rate' speex.c:(.text+0x600): undefined reference to `speex_resampler_process_interleaved_int' speex.c:(.text+0x608): undefined reference to `speex_resampler_process_interleaved_float' speex.c:(.text+0x618): undefined reference to `speex_resampler_strerror' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [/home/zbgh/android/android/vlc-android/obj/local/armeabi/libvlcjni.so] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zbgh/android/android/vlc-android' make: *** [vlc-android/libs/armeabi/libvlcjni.so] Error 2
I checked earlier post and there were a couple of similar but not the same problems, does not seem helpful.
Anybody can give me a hand? need to pass the build baddly. Many thanks!

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”