att: videolan devs : to preceed a bug report !

*nix specific usage questions
amical187
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

att: videolan devs : to preceed a bug report !

Postby amical187 » 16 Jan 2007 04:01

please look at the messages in the file with the title :"Att : Jean Baptiste Kempf & other videolan gurus and dev"

My distrib : SUSE 10.0,
vlc version 0.8.6a (for SUSE 10.0),
Athlon XP 3200+
Saphire Radeon 128Mo (ATI RV280 5691)
MED MD7218 AR (lcd monitor) 1280x1024 SXGA Colors 24 Bit

The crash occurs whenever I try to playback a DVD disc (whatever it be : tried 5 different DVD's which were OK with vlc 0.8.6)
So, the problem is easily reproduced !

The issue concerne only DVD or .vob playback all other types of files present in the list of features are OK !

All librairies in the perfectly functionning 0.8.6 have been updated except from vlc-devel which has been erased because there is no 0.8.6a version. wor
Prferences have been reset several times !
DVD and .vob file playback is normally supported by vlc (version 0.8.6 for instance) & they're in the list of supported features
A search with "dvd playback crashes vlc with a segmentation fault" in the list of known and fixed issues gives nothing !
A search with "segmentation fault" in the list of known and fixed issues gives nothing related to the problem I submit !
A search with "vlc crashes " in the list of known and fixed issues gives nothing related to the problem I submit !

I searched also the forums with the same keywords I found some vlc crashes & some segmentation faults but they were not tsimilar to my problem.

I have already posted in the relevant forum (this one) "VLC media player for Linux and friends"

I have checked in wiki !

So I still think I found a bug !

I will upload the sample file when you're OK for a bug report

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Kemal

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”