JVLC error on LINUX

*nix specific usage questions
ekladka

JVLC error on LINUX

Postby ekladka » 03 May 2006 23:41

I am trying to open VLC in JAVA and I think solution is to try JVLC.

After lots and lots of errors and fixes, I could compile JVLC by modifing make file.

and now it gives me error when I try to run it.

Eception in thread "Main" java.lang.UNsatisfiedLinKError

when I try to run SwingClient

Can someone please help me? I have been trying to work around this forever.

littlejohn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: JVLC error on LINUX

Postby littlejohn » 04 May 2006 15:13

I am trying to open VLC in JAVA and I think solution is to try JVLC.

After lots and lots of errors and fixes, I could compile JVLC by modifing make file.

and now it gives me error when I try to run it.

Eception in thread "Main" java.lang.UNsatisfiedLinKError

when I try to run SwingClient

Can someone please help me? I have been trying to work around this forever.
Hi,
I'm the developer of the java bindings. Please write more on the subject, since I need more details to help you.

Cheers,
lj

harisson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby harisson » 05 May 2006 21:24

hello littlejohn,

Could you please synchronize your jvlc repository with the vlc-trunk ? the methods from *Intf interfaces don't have the same signatures.

After these modifications, i've got an UnsatisfiedLinkError Exception too, when I try to run VlcClient (latest vlc-svn) :

Code: Select all

/home/harisson/workspace/vlc-trunk/bindings/java/libjvlc.so: undefined symbol: vlc_entry__faad at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1647) at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:769) at java.lang.System.load(System.java:967) at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLC.<clinit>(JVLC.java:37) at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLCCanvas.finit$(JVLCCanvas.java:34) at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLCCanvas.<init>(JVLCCanvas.java) at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLCPanel.<init>(JVLCPanel.java:37) at VLCPlayerFrame.initComponents(VlcClient.java:23) at VLCPlayerFrame.<init>(VlcClient.java:10) at VlcClient.main(VlcClient.java:142)

Postby Guest » 05 May 2006 22:22

hello littlejohn,

Could you please synchronize your jvlc repository with the vlc-trunk ? the methods from *Intf interfaces don't have the same signatures.
Yes, I'll do it asap.
After these modifications, i've got an UnsatisfiedLinkError Exception too, when I try to run VlcClient (latest vlc-svn) :

/home/harisson/workspace/vlc-trunk/bindings/java/libjvlc.so: undefined symbol: vlc_entry__faad at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1647) at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:769) at java.lang.System.load(System.java:967) at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLC.<clinit>(JVLC.java:37) at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLCCanvas.finit$(JVLCCanvas.java:34) at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLCCanvas.<init>(JVLCCanvas.java) at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLCPanel.<init>(JVLCPanel.java:37) at VLCPlayerFrame.initComponents(VlcClient.java:23) at VLCPlayerFrame.<init>(VlcClient.java:10) at VlcClient.main(VlcClient.java:142)
Please post the configure switches you used for vlc.

Cheers,
lj

harisson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby harisson » 05 May 2006 22:41

Please post the configure switches you used for vlc.

Cheers,
lj
here are my configure switches :

configure --enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-mp3lame --with-ffmpeg-faac --with-ffmpeg-faad --enable-theora --enable-flac --enable-esd --enable-dvbpsi --enable-dvdread --enable-release --enable-wxwidgets --enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-libmpeg2 --enable-vorbis --enable-hal --enable-sout --enable-http --enable-vlm --enable-gnutls --enable-livedotcom --enable-dvdnav --enable-smb --enable-libcdio --enable-alsa --enable-visual --enable-libcddb --enable-cdda --enable-vcd --enable-screen --enable-ogg --enable-mkv --enable-mod --enable-mad --enable-speex --enable-png --enable-x264 --enable-cmml --enable-x11 --enable-xvideo --enable-glx --enable-opengl --enable-sdl --enable-freetype --enable-fribidi --enable-libxml2 --enable-fb --enable-oss --enable-daap --enable-skins --enable-skins2 --enable-loader --enable-dmo --enable-v4l --enable-dvb --enable-mozilla --enable-java-bindings
on debian sid with :
libavutil version: 49.0.0
libavcodec version: 51.9.0
libavformat version: 50.4.0
built on Apr 30 2006

Postby Guest » 07 May 2006 20:49

I updated java bindings sources on vlc svn head and then compiled it with your same switches (but --enable-loader since I'm on amd64); compilation was successful. I didn't have any problems running VlcClient either.

Please try with the latest vlc svn repository and if it doesn't work, post the output of:

vlc-config --cxxflags pic vlc-config --libs external pic
Cheers,
lj
[/code]

Postby Guest » 09 May 2006 14:24

I updated java bindings sources on vlc svn head and then compiled it with your same switches (but --enable-loader since I'm on amd64); compilation was successful. I didn't have any problems running VlcClient either.

Please try with the latest vlc svn repository and if it doesn't work, post the output of:

vlc-config --cxxflags pic vlc-config --libs external pic
Cheers,
lj
[/code]
Ok sorry for late answer, i saw your update for the delete item function in libvlc, i will retry to recompile it but i get some troubles with faad/faad2 which i suppose (maybe i'm wrong) cause this unsatisfiedLinkError.

harisson

harisson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby harisson » 10 May 2006 14:38

Hi lj,

I finally success to skip the vlc__entry__faad unsatisfiedLinkException and run jvlc \o/ , below my final configure switches :

configure --enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-mp3lame --with-ffmpeg-faac --with-faad-tree=extras/faad2 --enable-faad --enable-theora --enable-flac --enable-esd --enable-dvbpsi --enable-dvdread --enable-release --enable-wxwidgets --enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-libmpeg2 --enable-vorbis --enable-hal --enable-dbus --disable-gnomevfs --disable-hd1000v --disable-hd1000a --disable-daap --disable-bonjour --enable-sout --enable-http --enable-vlm --enable-gnutls --enable-livedotcom --enable-dvdnav --enable-smb --enable-libcdio --enable-alsa --enable-visual --enable-libcddb --enable-cdda --enable-vcd --enable-screen --enable-ogg --enable-mkv --enable-mod --enable-mad --enable-speex --enable-png --with-x264-tree=extras/x264 --enable-x264 --enable-cmml --enable-x11 --enable-xvideo --enable-glx --enable-opengl --enable-sdl --enable-freetype --enable-fribidi --enable-libxml2 --enable-fb --enable-oss --enable-skins --enable-skins2 --enable-loader --enable-dmo --enable-v4l --enable-dvb --enable-mozilla --enable-java-bindings
Now I will try to integrate jvlc in my project :-), I hope there will be one day a Mac OS X port of jvlc (for win we use the activeX component).

Keep up the good work lj ;-)

littlejohn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby littlejohn » 10 May 2006 23:03

Hi lj,

I finally success to skip the vlc__entry__faad unsatisfiedLinkException and run jvlc \o/ , below my final configure switches :
Now I will try to integrate jvlc in my project :-), I hope there will be one day a Mac OS X port of jvlc (for win we use the activeX component).

Keep up the good work lj ;-)
Great!

Cheers,
lj

spiridonas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby spiridonas » 12 May 2006 10:26

hello ekladka could you post the makefile????please it would be a great help for me since i'm stack with the make.....another question: you just use make or something else....p.s. I try do it on a Ubuntu system....not using AMD64

Thanks in advance

littlejohn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby littlejohn » 12 May 2006 10:56

hello ekladka could you post the makefile????please it would be a great help for me since i'm stack with the make.....another question: you just use make or something else....p.s. I try do it on a Ubuntu system....not using AMD64

Thanks in advance
I think he used the standard makefile, since he configured vlc with --enable-java-bindings . I also tested this with x86. Are you using latest vlc svn version?

Cheers,
lj

spiridonas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby spiridonas » 12 May 2006 11:07

Hello littlejohn

I think he wrote...at the begining
"After lots and lots of errors and fixes, I could compile JVLC by modifing make file. "

I got the vlc trunk using svn co svn://svn.videolan...etc I suppose this is the latest version...Thank you anyway I will try it using your advice on my post

PROBLEM WITH JVLC#2 and let you know....or thank you if everything went fine...but thanks anyway for your help

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”