Fullscreen without panels in gnome

*nix specific usage questions
Bryan G

Fullscreen without panels in gnome

Postby Bryan G » 21 Mar 2006 04:28

I am using vlc on ubuntu in gnome and when I go to fullscreen it leaves the panels. How do I get fullscreen to truely be fullscreen?

dacer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dacer » 21 Mar 2006 18:10

I have same problem, but to me first time I set fullscreen it works fine, but if I set normal size and set fullscreen again, I have the same problem.

I note that vlc really open a window, as big as my screen (1024x768) + border size, but it is not able to "move" to the top of screen.

(sorry my poor english)

Mr. Bonheur

Postby Mr. Bonheur » 08 Apr 2006 00:19

Hi,

I had the same problem. Try to click twice within the window of your player; for it just worked fine, but I made an update of vlc and as a consequence I've got now this fancy silver thing which don't work properly. I'm even not able to open the preferences menu. It sucks; I'm gonna use MPlayer by the way.

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2006 14:38

hi,

i've got the same problem here. full screen not working anymore. using fedora core 5 x86_64. packages of vlc are from freshrpms.

anyone solved this?

thx

max

drizzo4shizzo
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Fullscreen without panels in gnome

Postby drizzo4shizzo » 30 Sep 2006 20:37

^bump^

I am having this exact same problem. :cry:

Movies aren't the same with a window border around 'em.

Works fine when I load up windows, but that is .85 and this is .84 under Fedora Core 4.

Thx!

I am using vlc on ubuntu in gnome and when I go to fullscreen it leaves the panels. How do I get fullscreen to truely be fullscreen?

drizzo4shizzo
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Fullscreen without panels in gnome

Postby drizzo4shizzo » 30 Sep 2006 20:47

Problem solved in ubunto forums - see this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-87085.html

1) Settings->Preferences
2) Check "Advanced Options" (bottom right)
a) Video->Output Module->Video Output Module = Xvideo extention video output
b) Xvideo->Alternate Fullscreen method

/SNIP

don't forget to save your settings in the configuration menu. NOTE: This fixed my problem and I'm running FC4.

Duccio
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Duccio » 15 Oct 2006 19:18

If this is the only way to make fullscreen work, why isn't this configuration default?

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”