*nix specific usage questions
chrisisbd
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3.0.18
Operating System: Linux

Is "vlc -I" documented anywhere?

Postby chrisisbd » 28 Dec 2022 14:19

I am running VLC version 3.0.18 on a Debian Linux server and, by extracting bits and pieces of information from various places, I have managed to get the web server running. However I can't find any actual description of the parameters that go with "vlc -I", all I have found is a few examples most of which are about version 2.xx.

Also most descriptions of how to get the web interface running go into Preferences where you need to select Advanced and then click on 'Web'. However this is no longer there in version 3.0.xx so none of that helps at all. It does seem that version 3.0.xx has simplified starting up the web server but it would be really nice to find a definitive guide on how to do it.

The long/extended help available by running "vlc --help" doesn't even have the -I option though it does list some of the parameters that appear to be useful with -I.

Thanks for any pointers and help.

chrisisbd
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3.0.18
Operating System: Linux

Re: Is "vlc -I" documented anywhere?

Postby chrisisbd » 28 Dec 2022 14:22

Oops, 'vlc --help' **does** document the -I option, however I'm now even more confused because it doesn't really go much further than saying the parameter after 'I' is an 'interface module', how do I find out what they are?

rom1v
Developer
Developer

Re: Is "vlc -I" documented anywhere?

Postby rom1v » 25 Jan 2023 10:02

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”