*nix specific usage questions
saman_artorious
New Cone
New Cone

AVCodecContext' has no member named 'dsp_mask

Postby saman_artorious » 03 Sep 2013 09:54

Here's the complete story. during ./configure step I first received the error,

Code: Select all

configure: error: libavcodec versions 55 and later are not supported yet.
To solve this, I modified the configure.ac file as following:

diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac index d4e1e89..a5d2e1c 100644 --- a/configure.ac +++ b/configure.ac @@ -2219,12 +2219,7 @@ dnl AC_ARG_ENABLE(avcodec, [ --enable-avcodec libavcodec codec (default enabled)]) AS_IF([test "${enable_avcodec}" != "no"], [ - PKG_CHECK_MODULES(AVCODEC,[libavcodec >= 54.25.0 libavutil >= 51.22.0], [ - AS_IF([test "${enable_sout}" != "no"], [ - PKG_CHECK_EXISTS([libavcodec < 55],, [ - AC_MSG_ERROR([libavcodec version 55 requires --disable-sout.]) - ]) - ]) + PKG_CHECK_MODULES(AVCODEC,[libavcodec >= 53.34.0 libavutil >= 51.22.0], [ PKG_CHECK_EXISTS([libavcodec < 56],, [ AC_MSG_ERROR([libavcodec versions 56 and later are not supported yet.]) ])
When I run ./configure again, this error is gone; However, I receive the following error:

'AVCodecContext' has no member named 'dsp_mask'

Please pay attention here:
To solve this problem I did the following:

1. I removed ffmpeg 2.0.1 and installed 2.0 instead (maybe this is irrelevant to the problem)
2. As I checked for the installed packages with apt-get I found libavcodec53 and libavcodec53-extra were installed. I removed them.
3. I downloaded the binary library for libavcodec52 and extracted it. inside the usr/lib there is the .so file of the library. I copied that .so file to /usr/lib
4. Now, I again receive the same error and moreover, I cannot install libavcodec with apt-get anymore, I receive this error:

Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Note, selecting 'libavcodec-extra-52' for regex 'libavcodec*' Note, selecting 'libavcodec-extra-53' for regex 'libavcodec*' Note, selecting 'libavcodec-dev' for regex 'libavcodec*' Note, selecting 'libavcodec51' for regex 'libavcodec*' Note, selecting 'libavcodec52' for regex 'libavcodec*' Note, selecting 'libavcodec53' for regex 'libavcodec*' Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: libavcodec-extra-52 : Depends: libvpx0 (>= 0.9.0) but it is not installable Depends: libx264-106 but it is not installable libavcodec-extra-53 : Conflicts: libavcodec53 but 4:0.8.6-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 is to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
I am stuck, please guide how to resolve this problem and compile vlc source successfully.

Cheers,

saman_artorious
New Cone
New Cone

Re: AVCodecContext' has no member named 'dsp_mask

Postby saman_artorious » 03 Sep 2013 12:13

I am answering to my own question. As libavcodec 55 and older is required, instead of ffmpeg 2.0.1 I installed FFmpeg 1.2.3 "Magic" which includes libavcodec 54.

libavutil 52. 18.100
libavcodec 54. 92.100
libavformat 54. 63.104
libavdevice 54. 3.103
libavfilter 3. 42.103
libswscale 2. 2.100
libswresample 0. 17.102
libpostproc 52. 2.100

this solved the problem, however, I still get another error which is unrelevant to the topic of this post. I may post itas a new topic.

Cheers,

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”