Android video decoding problem

*nix specific usage questions
giech
New Cone
New Cone

Android video decoding problem

Postby giech » 02 Sep 2011 06:17

Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank you on this amazing achievement called VLC. Today I (finally!) compiled the .apk for my android phone and there is a great feel to it. However, I am having issues with the video decoding. I haven't been able to find a bug list anywhere, so I don't know if this is new or not, but I thought I should let you guys know, just in case: even though the sound on the videos works fine, the image itself is problematic. There are many vertical black lines and black spots in the picture. I cannot really describe it very well, so here is a screenshot that I took with my phone:

I should say at this point that my phone is an EVO 3D, unrooted, running stock Gingerbread 2.3.4. I haven't yet had a chance to look at the source code (besides changing the AUTOINCREMENT error that caused the force close) but I don't think I would be able to be of much help in this case, since I know nothing about video encoding.

Oh, and I almost forgot: it is not a resolution/file specific video. The same effect exists for an mp4 video taken by my phone at 1080p, an mp4 and an flv video at 360p and an mp4 video at 720p (the remaining 3 being youtube videos).

Again, thank you very much for the effort you have put into this, and let me know if you need any more info on the issue, or if there is anything else I can do to help!

-- Giech

stenc55
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Android video decoding problem

Postby stenc55 » 06 Sep 2011 21:40

Thank you.
Tried, but there is no option yet to set it up to receive udp (or any) stream.
I have no problems with 720p videos, did't try 1080p yet.
I'm using it on SGS with 2.3.4 stock rom.

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”