compile VLC 1.1.11 on puppy528

*nix specific usage questions
moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

compile VLC 1.1.11 on puppy528

Postby moijdikssekool » 27 Aug 2011 15:36

hello
i'm trying to compile VLC1.1.11, there are some check and then it doesn't succeed, it says my glibc needs to be updated and "Buggy GNU/libc (version 2.5 - 2.7) present. VLC would crash; there is no viable work-around for this". I've tried with VLC1.0.0, i have the same problem. I use toutou linux (puppy, linux loaded in ram). There is a package VLC1.0.0 for this linux and it works fine, i can look movies, so the problem is not incompatibility
What do you think i need to do?
Last edited by moijdikssekool on 09 Sep 2011 15:26, edited 2 times in total.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: glibc run time update

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 27 Aug 2011 16:07

Disable Native Language Support in VLC (configure --disable-nls) or update to a newer GNU/libc.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 27 Aug 2011 21:19

the command ./configure --disable-nls did the same result. I imagine i have to compile the kernel if i upgrade the glibc, no? Toutou is the french version of puppy linux whose glibc version is 2.11.1 (toutou: 2.6.1),is that enough?

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 28 Aug 2011 02:46

ok, i've loaded a better distro and the compilation go further, there are some warnings because of wrong checks, some library lack (if some lacks of library don't stop compilation, is it necesseray to look for the .so?, some do and i have to do ./configure --disable-lua --disable-avcodec --disable-postproc, i will search the .so later), but now, i have
checking for XCB... yes
checking for XCB_SHM... no
configure: error: Package requirements (xcb-shm) were not met:

No package 'xcb-shm' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XCB_SHM_CFLAGS
and XCB_SHM_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.
i extract xcb-shm from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... &start=105 to /usr/ilb but the problem is still there. Is there something special to do with this libs?

Sébastien Escudier
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Operating System: linux

Postby Sébastien Escudier » 29 Aug 2011 08:23

the lib must be installed, not just extracted, or you have to set some variables manualy

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 29 Aug 2011 15:21

i've found the package libxcb-shm0-dev_1.7-3_i386.deb in which there is libxcb-shm.so. The installation seems to work but the problem is still there. What did you hear with 'set some variables manually'?

Sébastien Escudier
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sébastien Escudier » 29 Aug 2011 15:27

it's written in the error message.

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 29 Aug 2011 20:49

ok there was solething wrong in xcb-shm.pc
i had to install-xcb xv, install xcb-util-keysyms-0.3.8.tar.gz and libvlc5, libvlccore4
during the checking configuration, there was some warnings because of a lack of some libraries. Is it useless to look for these libraries?
now i launch
sh-4.1# vlc --plugin-path=/usr/local/lib/vlc
VLC media player 1.1.11 The Luggage (revision exported)
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_ADDRESS")
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_BUS_TYPE")
[0x806acd4] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
Remote control interface initialized. Type `help' for help.
and... nothing, the window of VLC doesn't appear. I have to do ctrl+C to have my bash back: the system or VLC doesn't crash, the window of VLC just doesn't appear

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 29 Aug 2011 23:50

if i try to open an image or a movie, it says it needs some decoder (mpv4, mjpg... Decoders and codec are not presents in the source? i don't find anything interesting, VLC is known not to need codec...

Sébastien Escudier
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sébastien Escudier » 30 Aug 2011 08:28

for the codecs, you need to compile vlc with ffmpeg
if you want an interface, then enable qt when you ./configure

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 31 Aug 2011 07:47

i have taken source of ffmpeg from the first link 'snapshot' of http://ffmpeg.org/download.html (why is it called 'snapshot'?)
thx to http://wiki.videolan.org/Configure, i have
sh-4.1# ./configure --disable-lua --disable-avcodec --disable-postproc --disable-skins2 --enable-qt4 --enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-tree=/tmp/ffmpeg-HEAD-c41bf90
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-ffmpeg, --with-ffmpeg-tree
(i have installed ffmpeg, was it usefull? VLC needs only sources as i could understand)
What is the enable/disable configuration of ./configure used for the original VLC? the one we can read on this page of wiki?

Sébastien Escudier
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sébastien Escudier » 31 Aug 2011 08:26

ffmpeg is enabled by default, but configure must find it.
The path of ffmpeg must be set with pkgconfig. If ffmpeg is not installed in a standard place, add the pkgconfig place with PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 31 Aug 2011 13:23

here is no ffmpeg.pc in /usr/lib/pkgconfig, so i copy the .pc file i find in the ffmpeg source directory: they have the same name of library in /usrlib: avcodec, avutil, swscale...
i have installed qt4 (qt4-dev-tools_4.7.3-7_i386.deb) and postproc (51) but configure doesn't find them. In fact i have to find the source of qt4 and postproc, isn't it? in the ffmpeg source, there is some source of postproc, but how to make it linked to ./configure? the --with-postproc=path option doesn't exist. No --with-qt4=path either....
that was for ./configure. For make, there are some errors from avio.c. Apperently, it's due to ffmpeg, i need to link to its avio
Anyway, this is a story of link. How to do?

Sébastien Escudier
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sébastien Escudier » 31 Aug 2011 15:35

there is no qt4-path or ffmpeg-path option, because pkgconfig is used instead.
if configure does not find them, then it is not installed correctly, or you did not set PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable as I told you before

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 05 Sep 2011 15:05

ok, i have the interface (qt4) and i configure with
./configure --disable-lua --enable-avcodec --disable-postproc --enable-qt4 --disable-skins2 --enable-run-as-root
before i have taped
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/lib/pkgconfig
i launch with
vlc --plugin-path=/usr/local/lib/vlc /mnt/sdc1/shadock3.jpg
as i could understand, the ffmpeg is set with the option ' --enable-avcodec'
but the problem is still there, vlc can't find the modules mjpeg, mp4v

ls /usr/local/lib/vlc/plugins:
3dnow audio_output meta_engine packetizer stream_out
access codec misc plugins-04041e-68.dat video_chroma
access_output control mmx services_discovery video_filter
audio_filter demux mmxext sse2 video_output
audio_mixer gui mux stream_filter visualization

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 05 Sep 2011 17:33

so i have
sh-4.1# vlc --plugin-path=/usr/local/lib/vlc --list |grep ffmpeg
VLC media player 1.1.11 The Luggage (revision exported)
and
sh-4.1# ffmpeg -codecs |grep g4
FFmpeg version 0.6-4:0.6-2ubuntu4, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
built on Oct 5 2010 09:49:10 with gcc 4.4.5
configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu4 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libdc1394 --enable-shared --disable-static
WARNING: library configuration mismatch
libavutil configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu2+medibuntu1 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libdirac --enable-libgsm --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-librtmp --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-version3 --enable-libdc1394 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/i686/cmov --cpu=i686 --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-ffmpeg --disable-ffplay
libavcodec configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu2+medibuntu1 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libdirac --enable-libgsm --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-librtmp --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-version3 --enable-libdc1394 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/i686/cmov --cpu=i686 --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-ffmpeg --disable-ffplay
libavformat configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu2+medibuntu1 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libdirac --enable-libgsm --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-librtmp --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-version3 --enable-libdc1394 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/i686/cmov --cpu=i686 --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-ffmpeg --disable-ffplay
libavdevice configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu2+medibuntu1 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libdirac --enable-libgsm --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-librtmp --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-version3 --enable-libdc1394 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/i686/cmov --cpu=i686 --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-ffmpeg --disable-ffplay
libavfilter configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu2+medibuntu1 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libdirac --enable-libgsm --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-librtmp --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-version3 --enable-libdc1394 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/i686/cmov --cpu=i686 --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-ffmpeg --disable-ffplay
libswscale configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu2+medibuntu1 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libdirac --enable-libgsm --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-librtmp --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-version3 --enable-libdc1394 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/i686/cmov --cpu=i686 --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-ffmpeg --disable-ffplay
ffmpeg: relocation error: ffmpeg: symbol postproc_configuration, version LIBPOSTPROC_51 not defined in file libpostproc.so.51 with link time reference
my linux is not ubuntu but the ffmpeg i have compiled has been written for ubuntu. So i can imagine some links are broken. What to do about this and postproc?

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 06 Sep 2011 05:07

i reconfigure ffmpeg with --enable-gpl --enable-postproc and vlc with --enable-postproc but the blue line in the last post is still there
the codec problem is still there too, i'm still searching...

--> ffmpeg:
./configure --disable-yasm --enable-gpl --enable-postproc
--> vlc
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/lib/pkgconfig
./configure --disable-lua --enable-avcodec --enable-postproc --enable-qt4 --disable-skins2 --enable-run-as-root
configurations, compilations and installations are good, except some warnings. The usual interface of vlc appears with
vlc --plugin-path=/usr/local/lib/vlc /mnt/sdc1/shadock3.jpg
but no image appears:
qt4 interface error: Unable to load extensions module
[0x82be774] main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `MJPG'. VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

Sébastien Escudier
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sébastien Escudier » 06 Sep 2011 08:13

what does vlc ./configure tells you about ffmpeg (or avcodec)

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 06 Sep 2011 12:30

i found vlc1.1.10 for my distro, but i propose to continue this topic for posterity
So,
./configure --disable-lua --enable-avcodec --enable-postproc --enable-qt4 --disable-skins2 --enable-run-as-root
returns partially:

checking for AVCODEC... yes
checking libavcodec/avcodec.h usability... yes
checking libavcodec/avcodec.h presence... yes
checking for libavcodec/avcodec.h... yes
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... no
checking libavutil/avutil.h usability... yes
checking libavutil/avutil.h presence... yes
checking for libavutil/avutil.h... yes
checking ffmpeg/avutil.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avutil.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avutil.h... no
checking for LIBVA... yes
checking libavcodec/vaapi.h usability... yes
checking libavcodec/vaapi.h presence... yes
checking for libavcodec/vaapi.h... yes
VAAPI acceleration activated
checking for AVFORMAT... yes
checking libavformat/avformat.h usability... yes
checking libavformat/avformat.h presence... yes
checking for libavformat/avformat.h... yes
checking ffmpeg/avformat.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avformat.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avformat.h... no
checking libavformat/avio.h usability... yes
checking libavformat/avio.h presence... yes
checking for libavformat/avio.h... yes
checking for libavutil/avutil.h... (cached) yes
checking for ffmpeg/avutil.h... (cached) no
checking for SWSCALE... yes
checking libswscale/swscale.h usability... yes
checking libswscale/swscale.h presence... yes
checking for libswscale/swscale.h... yes
checking ffmpeg/swscale.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/swscale.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/swscale.h... no
checking for POSTPROC... yes
checking postproc/postprocess.h usability... no
checking postproc/postprocess.h presence... no
checking for postproc/postprocess.h... no
checking for TWOLAME... no
configure: WARNING: Library twolame needed for twolame was not found
checking libtar.h usability... no
checking libtar.h presence... no
checking for libtar.h... no
checking a52dec/a52.h usability... yes
checking a52dec/a52.h presence... yes
checking for a52dec/a52.h... yes
checking for a52_free in -la52... yes
checking for DCA... yes
checking for FLAC... yes
checking for LIBMPEG2... no
configure: WARNING: Library libmpeg2 > 0.3.2 needed for libmpeg2 was not found
checking for VORBIS... yes
checking for SPEEX... yes
checking for THEORA... yes
checking for DIRAC... no
configure: WARNING: Library dirac >= 0.10.0 needed for dirac was not found
checking for SCHROEDINGER... yes
checking png.h usability... yes
checking png.h presence... yes
checking for png.h... yes
checking for png_set_rows in -lpng... yes
checking for X264... yes
configure: WARNING: The development package for SDL is not present or too old.
You need 1.2.10. Alternatively you can also configure with
--disable-sdl.
Enabled modules: a52tofloat32 access_alsa access_avio access_gnomevfs access_jack access_mmap access_oss access_smb alsa atmo avcodec avformat bonjour caca cdda dbus dc1394 dtstofloat32 dvdnav dvdread dynamicoverlay fb flac freetype globalhotkeys gnutls inhibit jack mpc mpgatofixed32 mux_ogg notify ogg oldhttp oldtelnet osd_parser osdmenu oss png postproc pulse qt4 remoteosd schroedinger speex sqlite stream_out_raop svg swscale telepathy telx theora udev unzip v4l2 vcd visual vorbis x264 xcb_apps xcb_glx xcb_screen xcb_window xcb_x11 xcb_xv xdg_screensaver xml xscreensaver zip

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: [EDIT] compile VLC 1.1.11 on puppy528

Postby moijdikssekool » 07 Sep 2011 02:47

ok, i have the image now, i dl some lib dev deb and reconfigure ffmpeg with --enable-swscale
i have no sound neither acceleration, but it seems to go in a better way, i will find the solution
if it works, i will do a tuto
i have still some problems with the postproc option. What does it work for?

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: [EDIT] compile VLC 1.1.11 on puppy528

Postby moijdikssekool » 09 Sep 2011 15:12

i have found the sound problem, it's due to my distro
so i try to re-do what i have done to have the vlc interface running an avi mp4v movie and... i haven't succeeded, vlc doesn't find the mpv4 codec
So here is what i've done:
i re-load my distro, extract sources of vlc-1.1.11.tar.bz2, ffmpeg-HEAD-6f8b1fc.tar.gz to my docs and qt4-x11_4.4.3.orig.tar.gz
i install the packages
libavcodec-dev_0.svn20080206-18+lenny3_i386.deb
libavformat-dev_0.svn20080206-18+lenny3_i386.deb
libavutil-dev_0.svn20080206-18+lenny3_i386.deb
libpostproc-dev_0.svn20080206-18+lenny3_i386.deb
libxcb-keysyms1-dev_0.3.8-1_i386.deb
libxcb-shm0-dev_1.7-3_i386.deb
libxcb-xv0-dev_1.5-2_i386.deb
libva-x11-1_1.0.12-2_i386.deb
libvlc5_1.1.11-2+b2_i386.deb
libvlccore4_1.1.11-1~getdeb1_i386.deb
(tips: i move /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/xcb-shm.pc to /usr/lib/pkgconfig, copy libxcb-shm.so.0.0.0 from the link in a previous message, and rename the link libva-x11.so.1 in libva-x11.so)
i compile:
qt4 (in fact i copy with cp -R the version i have compiled during the previous try of vlc compilation) with ./configure (as i could remember)
ffmpeg with ./configure --disable-yasm --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-swscale
vlc with export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/lib/pkgconfig ./configure --disable-lua --enable-avcodec --disable-postproc --enable-qt4 --disable-skins2 --enable-run-as-root --enable-alsa

As i can remember, i haven't done anything more, so i go back to a previous message:
the wrong checks of vlc configure follow, which one is related to the mp4v codec?
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether we are using the GNU Objective C compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... no
checking for dlltool... no
checking for libs in /root/my-documents/vlc-1.1.11/./extras/contrib/hosts/i486-linux-gnu... no
checking for sysroot... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking if gcc -std=gnu99 supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking for shl_load... no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
checking for dlopen... no
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... no
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for CFPreferencesCopyAppValue... no
checking for CFLocaleCopyCurrent... no
checking for working iconv... no
checking for strlcpy... no
checking dl.h usability... no
checking dl.h presence... no
checking for dl.h... no
checking for shl_load... (cached) no
checking image.h usability... no
checking image.h presence... no
checking for image.h... no
checking for load_add_on... no
checking sys/dl.h usability... no
checking sys/dl.h presence... no
checking for sys/dl.h... no
checking for dlopen... (cached) no
checking netinet/udplite.h usability... no
checking netinet/udplite.h presence... no
checking for MINIZIP... no
checking unzip.h usability... no
checking unzip.h presence... no
checking for unzip.h... no
checking for ntohl in sys/param.h... no
checking if $CC accepts -bundle -undefined error... no
checking for LIBPROXY... no
checking for TAGLIB... no
configure: WARNING: TagLib library not found
checking liveMedia_version.hh usability... no
checking liveMedia_version.hh presence... no
checking for liveMedia_version.hh... no
checking liveMedia.hh usability... no
checking liveMedia.hh presence... no
checking for liveMedia.hh... no
configure: WARNING: The development files for liveMedia (live555) can't be found
checking for DV... no
configure: WARNING: Library libraw1394 >= 2.0.1 libavc1394 >= 0.5.3 needed for dv was not found
checking dvdread/dvd_reader.h usability... yes
checking dvdread/dvd_reader.h presence... yes
checking for dvdread/dvd_reader.h... yes
checking for dvdnav_get_video_resolution in -ldvdnav... no
checking libsmbclient.h usability... yes
checking libsmbclient.h presence... yes
checking for libsmbclient.h... yes
checking for dvbpsi/dr.h... no
configure: WARNING: cannot find libdvbpsi headers
checking for dvbpsi_GenSDTSections in -ldvbpsi... no
checking for LIBV4L... no
configure: WARNING: LibV4L support disabled because libv4l development headers were not found
checking sys/videoio.h usability... no
checking sys/videoio.h presence... no
checking for sys/videoio.h... no
checking for LIBV4L2... no
configure: WARNING: LibV4L2 support disabled because libv4l2 development headers were not found
checking for scsireq in sys/scsiio.h... no
checking for ioc_toc_header in sys/cdio.h... no
configure: WARNING: the dvb access module requires libdvbpsi
checking gme/gme.h usability... no
checking gme/gme.h presence... no
checking for gme/gme.h... no
checking for SHOUT... no
configure: WARNING: Library shout >= 2.1 needed for shout was not found
checking ebml/EbmlVersion.h usability... no
checking ebml/EbmlVersion.h presence... no
checking for ebml/EbmlVersion.h... no
checking for LIBMODPLUG... no
configure: WARNING: libmodplug not found or a broken version (0.8.8.0) was found!
checking for TWOLAME... no
configure: WARNING: Library twolame needed for twolame was not found
checking libtar.h usability... no
checking libtar.h presence... no
checking for libtar.h... no
checking for LIBMPEG2... no
configure: WARNING: Library libmpeg2 > 0.3.2 needed for libmpeg2 was not found
checking for DIRAC... no
configure: WARNING: Library dirac >= 0.10.0 needed for dirac was not found
checking for FLUIDSYNTH... no
configure: WARNING: Library fluidsynth needed for fluidsynth was not found
checking for ZVBI... no
configure: WARNING: ZVBI library not found. Enabling the telx module instead
checking for LIBASS... no
configure: WARNING: LIBASS library not found
checking for KATE... no
checking kate/kate.h usability... no
checking kate/kate.h presence... no
checking for kate/kate.h... no
checking for TIGER... no
checking for XCB_RANDR... no
checking for SDL... no
configure: WARNING: The development package for SDL is not present or too old.
You need 1.2.10. Alternatively you can also configure with
--disable-sdl.
checking Carbon/Carbon.h usability... no
checking Carbon/Carbon.h presence... no
checking for Carbon/Carbon.h... no
checking cascade/graphics/CascadeScreen.h usability... no
checking cascade/graphics/CascadeScreen.h presence... no
checking for cascade/graphics/CascadeScreen.h... no
configure: WARNING: Not building Roku HD1000 compatible video output
checking cascade/graphics/CascadeBitmap.h usability... no
checking cascade/graphics/CascadeBitmap.h presence... no
checking for cascade/graphics/CascadeBitmap.h... no
configure: WARNING: Not building Roku HD1000 compatible video output
checking soundcard.h usability... no
checking soundcard.h presence... no
checking for soundcard.h... no
checking for main in -lossaudio... no
checking for PULSE... no
configure: WARNING: It is STRONGLY advised to update to pulse 0.9.22
checking for PORTAUDIO... no
configure: WARNING: Library portaudio-2.0 needed for portaudio was not found
checking deschutes/libraries/hdmachinex225/PCMAudioPlayer.h usability... no
checking deschutes/libraries/hdmachinex225/PCMAudioPlayer.h presence... no
checking for deschutes/libraries/hdmachinex225/PCMAudioPlayer.h... no
checking for UPNP... no
configure: WARNING: Library libupnp needed for upnp was not found
checking for moc-qt4... no
checking for moc... /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/bin/moc
checking for rcc... /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/bin/rcc
checking for uic-qt4... no
checking for uic... /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/bin/uic
checking for GOOM... no
configure: WARNING: Library libgoom2 needed for goom was not found
checking for PROJECTM... no
configure: WARNING: libprojectM library not found
checking for MTP... no
configure: WARNING: Library libmtp >= 1.0.0 needed for mtp was not found
checking for OSSO_SCREENSAVER... no
configure: WARNING: Library libosso needed for osso_screensaver was not found
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: compile VLC 1.1.11 on puppy528

Postby moijdikssekool » 12 Sep 2011 23:08

i come back because i don't find. I try lots of things but nothing works
if i look my previous test, i had:
sh-4.1# vlc --plugin-path=/usr/local/lib/vlc --list |grep ffmpeg
VLC media player 1.1.10 The Luggage (revision exported)
avcodec Désentrelaceur ffmpeg
avcodec Encodeur audio/vidéo ffmpeg
avformat Démultiplexeur ffmpeg
but, now i have nothing:
quote]sh-4.1# vlc --plugin-path=/usr/local/lib/vlc --list |grep ffmpeg
VLC media player 1.1.10 The Luggage (revision exported)
i don't remember how i succeded to link ffmpeg to vlc, i have done something manually but what? any clue?
ffmpeg seems to be now better compiled. ffmpeg returns now (at the end)
libavutil 50.15. 1 / 50.15. 1
libavcodec 52.72. 2 / 52.72. 2
libavformat 52.64. 2 / 52.64. 2
libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
libavfilter 1.19. 0 / 1.19. 0
libswscale 0.11. 0 / 0.11. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
before, it returned
ffmpeg: relocation error: ffmpeg: symbol postproc_configuration, version LIBPOSTPROC_51 not defined in file libpostproc.so.51 with link time reference

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 14 Sep 2011 01:08

You deactivate of options, why?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

moijdikssekool
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby moijdikssekool » 14 Sep 2011 18:53

i don't what is an option for vlc. I compile till i have no errors. If i have an error, i gg it and if i don't find it, i come here. The mp4v error is at launch and i'd like to know why, VLC don't say how to solve it. What options are you talking about?
now i understand why my previous tests worked: before my compilation of vlc1.1.11 source, i installed a vlc1.1.10 released for my distro and it didn't worked till i compile vlc1.1.11 because the 1.1.10 worked with a bad (too old i think) xcb-shm, replaced by a good xcb-shm compiled when i compiled ffmpeg using the xcb-shm dev deb pakage needed by vlc. I understood that with some tests
Now i understood something else. I need a fresh vlc because vlcj needs it but it needs especially a fresh distro: ths lib.so.6 of my distro is too old (libc-2.11, it works with libc-2.13, i tried it on Ubuntu but Ubuntu is so slow on a key... ); So it needs to compile glibc and ok, i stop this mess. I change the distro

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”