Displaying two videos at the same time with JVLC

*nix specific usage questions
jgg
Cone that earned his stripes

Displaying two videos at the same time with JVLC

Postby jgg » 18 Feb 2009 14:36

Hi,

I was trying to get a simple application with JVLC able to play two videos at the same time in two different Canvas/JVLC elements, both included in the same JPanel, side by side. I get the sound of both contents but only the video of the first I start playing. I have tried with a JVLC player and standard VLC application and they both play properly, I get the error just when trying to play in the same Java application. I've also tried to add both JVLC players in different layers of a card layered JPanel instead of a flow layout-based one but I get the same results: only the first to start plays properly the video, while the second just shows a black screen with the name of the file and the sound.

Any similar experience or clue about what I should try would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

bhubi
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Displaying two videos at the same time with JVLC

Postby bhubi » 10 Sep 2009 09:29

hi,

i want to implement two video outputs in a single widow as exactly what u implemented in yours. will you place your java code used here. it will helps me a lot.

regards,
BHUBI

jgg

Re: Displaying two videos at the same time with JVLC

Postby jgg » 10 Sep 2009 10:04

Hi,

I was unable to make it work in any of the two layered structures. I came up using the Gstreamer framework in its Java branch, which allowed me to have two card layered displays; not sure about a different layout.

Regards,
Javi

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”