Missing Dependencies for SLED 11 Gm

*nix specific usage questions
Upyr
New Cone
New Cone

Missing Dependencies for SLED 11 Gm

Postby Upyr » 23 Mar 2009 08:23

Hello:

I'm trying to install VLC Media Player on a SLED 11 GM machine. I added the repository for openSUSE 11.1 since SLED 11 is based on that distro, but when I use the Software Installer I am told that there are no installable providers of libdvbpsi.so.5
I researched the library and it is a VideoLan Library. Is it possible it is not in the repo?

Greetings

DLange
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Missing Dependencies for SLED 11 Gm

Postby DLange » 17 Apr 2009 13:55

Hello:

I'm trying to install VLC Media Player on a SLED 11 GM machine. I added the repository for openSUSE 11.1 since SLED 11 is based on that distro, but when I use the Software Installer I am told that there are no installable providers of libdvbpsi.so.5
I researched the library and it is a VideoLan Library. Is it possible it is not in the repo?

Greetings
Hi,

I have the same problem, did someone find a solution and can help me?

Cheers,
DLange

dimstar
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby dimstar » 22 Apr 2009 21:52

Hello:

Greetings
Thanks... I'll have a look at this. libdvbpsi is actually part of openSUSE 11.1, that's why it's not provided in the VideoLAN repositories. But for some odd reasons it's not part of SLE11 :(

The easiest 'solution' for now would be to add the openSUSE 11.1 repository in your setup:
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.1/repo/oss

There the missing lib would be in. I would be glad if you could report back if this is the ONLY missing dependency. In this case, I will aggregate it into the repository.

Thanks!

rcorran
New Cone
New Cone

Postby rcorran » 23 Apr 2009 01:08

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I've added the openSUSE 11.1 repository and now it's saying it requires libdvdread.so.3. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

dimstar

Postby dimstar » 23 Apr 2009 07:41

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I've added the openSUSE 11.1 repository and now it's saying it requires libdvdread.so.3. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob
This is an indice that you added the VLC repository for version 11.0. SLE11 is based on openSUSE 11.1 and as such you have to use VLC 11.1 repository.

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”