ATI TV Wonder with Kubuntu

*nix specific usage questions
Toot4fun
New Cone
New Cone

ATI TV Wonder with Kubuntu

Postby Toot4fun » 18 Jul 2008 21:42

Let me start by saying that I am EXTREMELY new to non-Windows operating systems, so please speak slowly and use small words. :D

I have a Kubuntu machine with an ATI TV Wonder TV tuner card in it. I'm able to stream videos with VLC, but when I try to stream my TV tuner input, I don't get anything. The counter increments, but there is no video at all. This worked with the same card in my Windows machine, but I don't have the slightest idea where to start now. Is there a way for me to test that my TV tuner is working at all?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

snatches
New Cone
New Cone

Re: ATI TV Wonder with Kubuntu

Postby snatches » 20 Jul 2008 04:58

I'm running Ubuntu and may have had the same problem. If you open up File=>Open Capture Device you'll be taken to the Video4Linux tab. In the Video device name field you may see something like "/dev/video"

I edited that value so that it said "/dev/video0" and it started working.

Hope this helps.

Toot4fun
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Toot4fun » 20 Jul 2008 06:05

After fiddling with it for a while, I did notice that and made the change. Now, regardless of what channel I select, all I get is a blue screen - no picture. Do I need to specify the input in VideoLAN somewhere? I see a "Tuner" option that defaults to -1 and just increment, but I don't know what I'm selecting when I increment it.

Thank you!!!

Toot4fun
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Toot4fun » 08 Aug 2008 01:21

Bump

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”