compile vlc with amr support in ubuntu hardy

*nix specific usage questions
marcbalcells
New Cone
New Cone

compile vlc with amr support in ubuntu hardy

Postby marcbalcells » 27 May 2008 09:35

Hello, I've been trying to get amr support in vlc with no success, from what I've read I have to first compile ffmpeg with amr support and then vlc. I've done both but still I can't get vlc to transcode a movie to amr audio.

I've tried the following.
Get vlc and ffmpeg source from ubuntu repositories. Change ffmpeg build options to "risky" so it includes amr, build package and install. Then build vlc and install. This doesn't work when trying to transcode a movie to h263 and amr, it yields "cannot find encoder for samr".

When building vlc package, do I have to change configure to indicate where ffmpeg source is? Is there anything I'm missing?

Thank's.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: compile vlc with amr support in ubuntu hardy

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 27 May 2008 19:18

Did you tell VLC which ffmpeg install to use ?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

marcbalcells
New Cone
New Cone

Postby marcbalcells » 29 May 2008 09:16

No, how can I do that?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 29 May 2008 19:22

--with-ffmpeg-tree=
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

marcbalcells
New Cone
New Cone

Postby marcbalcells » 29 May 2008 22:49

thank's for your help j-b
I still can't get it to compile, I'm trying to do it with deb-src packages, here's what I did:

Code: Select all

apt-get build-dep ffmpeg apt-get build-dep vlc apt-get source ffmpeg apt-get source vlc
then I go to /usr/local/src/vlc-0.8.6.release.e+x264svn20071224+faad2.6.1
I modified debian/rules including the following line:

vlc_confflags += --with-ffmpeg-tree=/usr/local/src/ffmpeg-0.cvs20070307 --with-ffmpeg-amr_nb
and then

dpkg-buildpackage
with the following result:

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/vlc-0.8.6.release.e+x264svn20071224+faad2.6.1' i486-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -DSYS_LINUX -I./include `top_builddir="." ./vlc-config --cflags vlc` -Wsign-compare -Wall -g -O2 -pipe -MT vlc-vlc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/vlc-vlc.Tpo -c -o vlc-vlc.o `test -f 'src/vlc.c' || echo './'`src/vlc.c mv -f .deps/vlc-vlc.Tpo .deps/vlc-vlc.Po /bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=link i486-linux-gnu-gcc -Wsign-compare -Wall -g -O2 -pipe -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -o vlc vlc-vlc.o src/libvlc.la -L/usr/lib -lhal -ldbus-1 -lrt -lpthread -ldl -lm -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -version-info 0:0:0 mkdir .libs libtool: link: warning: `-version-info' is ignored for programs i486-linux-gnu-gcc -Wsign-compare -Wall -g -O2 -pipe -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -o .libs/vlc vlc-vlc.o -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions src/.libs/libvlc.so -L/usr/lib -lhal -ldbus-1 -lrt -lpthread -ldl -lm src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_done_with_buffer' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_set_num_channels' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `dc1394_get_camera_nodes' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `faacEncGetCurrentConfiguration' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_single_capture' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `gsm_create' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_encode_buffer' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `faacEncEncode' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_close' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `gsm_decode' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_unlisten' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `dc1394_stop_iso_transmission' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_set_VBR' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `faacEncGetDecoderSpecificInfo' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `faacEncClose' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_set_out_samplerate' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_set_brate' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_get_framesize' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `dc1394_create_handle' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_encode_flush' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_setup_capture' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_set_quality' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `gsm_encode' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_init_params' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_set_bWriteVbrTag' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `faacEncSetConfiguration' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `gsm_destroy' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `faacEncOpen' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `dc1394_destroy_handle' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_encode_buffer_interleaved' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_set_mode' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_set_in_samplerate' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_set_VBR_q' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `gsm_option' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_release_camera' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `lame_init' src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to `dc1394_start_iso_transmission' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[3]: *** [vlc] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/vlc-0.8.6.release.e+x264svn20071224+faad2.6.1' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/vlc-0.8.6.release.e+x264svn20071224+faad2.6.1' make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/vlc-0.8.6.release.e+x264svn20071224+faad2.6.1' make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2 dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
I have no idea where is the error, is it on dc1394_start_iso_transmission or lame_init ??? Am I missing any extra library?

Thank's again.

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”