yohann.martineau
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

h264 packetizer not found

Postby yohann.martineau » 24 Jan 2008 10:57

Hello,

My operating system is debian etch.

I'm trying to transcode and stream a file or another stream with VLC 0.8.6d

Source stream or file is an MPEG2-TS containing H264 and mpga.

I compiled it from sources with latest ffmpeg snapshot (SVN-r11604).

I applied the patch given here.

Here is the command line I employed to compile ffmpeg:

Code: Select all

./configure --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 --enable-libfaac
VLC compilation steps:

./bootstrap ./configure --enable-pth --enable-st --enable-gprof --enable-cprof --enable-mostly-builtin --enable-optimize-memory --enable-shout --enable-live555 --enable-dc1394 --enable-dv --enable-dvdread --enable-dvdnav --enable-v4l --enable-pvr --enable-cddax --enable-cddax --enable-vcdx --enable-dvb --enable-real --enable-realrtsp --enable-flac --enable-tremor --enable-tarkin --enable-theora --enable-svg --enable-snapshot --enable-mga --enable-svgalib --enable-ggi --enable-aa --enable-caca --enable-esd --enable-arts --enable-jack --enable-cyberlink --enable-ncurses --enable-xosd --enable-galaktos --enable-goom --enable-lirc --enable-loader make
I did not run make install, as I have a packaged version of VLC installed with debian repository (version 0.8.6c).

Here is the command line I use to transcode and stream:

./vlc -I dummy file:///home/d2cs/media/in/test4.mpg --sout='#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=1024,scale=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=:1235}}'
On my laptop (dell precision m4300), it runs perfectly, but when I run it on a desktop computer (dell precision 390), it does not work, I have the following error message:

[00000324] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot find decoder [00000324] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot create video chain [00000336] main packetizer error: cannot create packetizer output (h264)
I have exactly the same OS and ffmpeg version on both computers and I used the same commands to compile libraries and VLC. I am surely missing something... I remarked that x264 versions employed are not the same: x264-snapshot-20071106-2245 for the working version and x264-snapshot-20080117-2245 for the "buggy" version. Is there something really different between those versions ?

I will try with the same x264 version, and I'll keep you informed...

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: h264 packetizer not found

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 24 Jan 2008 18:58

--enable-x264 in vlc configure...
Adding it in ffmpeg is useless for vlc.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”