Dropping Frames Badly

macOS specific usage questions
recall59
New Cone
New Cone

Dropping Frames Badly

Postby recall59 » 22 Jul 2009 15:05

VLC Version 1.0 is dropping frames badly when playing HD video, especially when the picture pans side ways.

I have recently tried Movist 0.6.4 and I am afraid to say that it puts VLC to shame. It plays most HD movies VERY well. It only has minor problems when playing HD video with DTS sound.

Come on guys, I am a long time user of VLC and cannot believe that the new upstart Movist is so much better.

ajmas
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.x
Operating System: MacOS X

Re: Dropping Frames Badly

Postby ajmas » 22 Jul 2009 16:25

Please provide: OS version, mac model and what sort of video you are trying to play (including codec).

Since Movist is open source (GPLv3), I am sure the work done there could be integrated into VLC, though it would depend on how different the architectures are. While there is competition there is room for people doing things better, or simply differently :)
Providing logs, messages, configuration info (VLC, OS, Hardware) and a clear explanation of the issue always helps the problem solvers help you, even if they don't end up solving the issue. Just think what you would need if you were solving someone else's problem. Additional: Always looking for eager and capable MacOS X developers to join the VLC team - for more information see here.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”