DTS and osX nightlies for G5 AND Intel

macOS specific usage questions
plasmacutter
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

DTS and osX nightlies for G5 AND Intel

Postby plasmacutter » 14 Aug 2007 11:05

The topic says it all, i have 3 concerns.

i've recently been seeing a lot of matroska with DTS and have no solution for playback. (i use vlc nightlies and mplayer compiled from source)

I was using an old nightly so i come back to the nightly build page to update my VLC only to find the PPC builds not updated since june, and the intel builds falling behind as well. :|

so the question is 2 fold.

when will the nightlies return and actually be nightly :?:
is dts decoding working again on them :?:

edit: thought buildbot was something it was not : P please disregard that activity

larrybic
New Cone
New Cone

Re: DTS and osX nightlies for G5 AND Intel

Postby larrybic » 15 Aug 2007 23:26

I've posted (along with others) on this issue in two other threads: nightly builds for MAC OSX Intel and whats wrong with VLC and OS X 10.4.10 (sound issues) . I believe it is an issue that began with OS 10.4.10 or related QT updates, as reverting to older VLC builds does not solve the problem. There have been no replies from the VLC developers, but I'd guess that they're aware of it and it will be fixed soon.

wedge
New Cone
New Cone

Postby wedge » 16 Aug 2007 14:38

actually dts plays fine for me in 0.8.6c, it's only in the nightlies that i have this problem. maybe something went wrong in the libdts -> libdca switch.

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 17 Aug 2007 23:07

The current final releases of VLC are compiled against libdca and support playback of this kind of media.

VLC's current trunk misses this compilation flag right now, but this will be put back before our next public release. (No idea for the nightly builds just now, as I'm already glad to see working at all...)

About the nightly builds: we had to restructure both our internal build system (configure, makefiles, blabla) as well as our server structure. Something is still missing on the latter, but I'll keep an eye on it in the next days. For the meantime, a current nightly build for each platform was uploaded today and a second is about to follow tomorrow noon (CEST).

Please bear with us and keep the fact in mind, that it's holiday time and some server admins may not be reachable for that reason ;)

Ah, and no: your libdca issues are not related to QuickTime in any case. QuickTime compatibility issues only result in video distortion, but nothing else. Try resetting your preferences, plugin cache, etc. by using the script provided on VLC's latest disk-image.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”