sout error when trying to transcode and create an .sdp file

macOS specific usage questions
jming
New Cone
New Cone

sout error when trying to transcode and create an .sdp file

Postby jming » 08 Mar 2007 22:25

Hello All,

The following string works fine when run on a VLC install on a pc, but when I run the same string on a install on OS X 10.4.8 I get the following output error behavior:

Each time it is run it gives the error for the last two options of each module. For instance, for the following string:

vlc udp://@239.60.60.101:4900 --sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=192,channels=2}:rtp{dst=239.40.40.101,port=4900,sdp=sap,sdp=file://c:\applications\vlc\old_yeller.sdp,ttl=15,name=cnn}

I will get an error "no suitable access module for :sout=#transcodechannels2:rptname=cnn"

If I delete those options, the next time run it will give the same error but now the new last options will be given in the error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

simon
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: sout error when trying to transcode and create an .sdp f

Postby simon » 09 Mar 2007 17:56

file://c:\applications\vlc\old_yeller.sdp
is not a valid path for OSX, try /Users/Shared/old_yeller.sdp instead and you will have the sdp in the shared folder

jming
New Cone
New Cone

My bad....

Postby jming » 09 Mar 2007 18:42

The string that I pasted in was from the Windows machine. I do use a valid path for the Mac, like file://<path>/filename. Still I think I have something wrong in the syntax altogether, with the way the errors are listing out the last two options for each module, no matter what those options are.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”