menu items language!

macOS specific usage questions
mandehu
New Cone
New Cone

menu items language!

Postby mandehu » 12 May 2006 19:17

I have chosen as language preferences Anglais britannique/américain. In both, the menus are half in French! For me it's not a problem but for some people it might indeed be one :-(
And it smacks of amateurism. A bon entendeur salut...

lee112

Postby lee112 » 27 May 2006 14:53

its same here with me...

mines half korean and english ...

if i dump the prefs it makes the whole app in korean!!!

Any ideas??!!

CrispinBates

Postby CrispinBates » 28 May 2006 15:02

I had the same problem. I am not an expert, but the first thing you must do is to quit and restart VLC after changing the language preference. Secondly - it is obvious that this was written in French and that transalations are not available for everything. What gets translated depends on your MAC OS international preferences. If your number one choice is English, followed by Japanese, those French menu items which for one reason or other cannot transalate into English will appear in Japanese. If you want English and only English I would put British English First, then US English second in the Mac OS language preferences. I have not tried it with US English first (being a Brit) but guess this might be best of all, since most software is written for US then Japanese, European and Chinese users, in that order. If you don't want anything to appear in Korean I would (cautiously) eliminate Korean and other unwanted languages altogether from your System using software such as Monolingual.

Meanmango

Postby Meanmango » 02 Jun 2006 16:00

I was using version 0.8.2 normally, everything was fine, in english, and then BOOM, all of a sudden everything is in RUSSIAN!
I decided to download the 0.8.5 version, but it's the same.
I've tried changing the preferred languages, as suggested: 1,2,3, restart it... and it changes some things back into english, but a lot is left in russian! Really annoyed!!! I loved VLC, but now I'm really disappointed... :(
SOMEONE HELP, PLEASE!

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 02 Jun 2006 22:17

You might want to reset VLC's preferences as well.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

cdanr

Postby cdanr » 03 Jul 2006 05:39

I had a similar problem. The audio and video menus were appearing in Japanese even though I have US English as my primary language choice in International settings. I solved this by adding English to the list of languages after US English. VLC now displays all the menus properly in English.

Fiat124Spider

where can I find the language preferences

Postby Fiat124Spider » 04 Jul 2006 14:06

Probably I am a nut but where can I find the language preferences?

Regards.

Michel

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”