How can I disable libmpeg2 ? *** Someone, please help

macOS specific usage questions
nowts
New Cone
New Cone

How can I disable libmpeg2 ? *** Someone, please help

Postby nowts » 27 May 2017 04:00

Hello,

I'm having trouble playing a .TS file. The image freezes after a few seconds, but the file keeps playing. I read somewhere else that this is solved by disabling libmpeg2

Could someone please tell me how to do it?

Thank you

nowts
New Cone
New Cone

Re: How can I disable libmpeg2 ? *** Someone, please help

Postby nowts » 23 Jun 2017 03:30

I hope someone can help me with this. Thank you!

gonhidi
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: How can I disable libmpeg2 ? *** Someone, please help

Postby gonhidi » 24 Jun 2017 09:46

I believe that libmpeg2 is in charge of decoding MPEG-2 streams. Given your file's extension it would seem that the video is within an MPEG-2 Transport Stream container. If so, unless VLC has an alternative library for decoding such media, disabling libmpeg2 (which can be done when building VLC from source code, but I don't know if at run-time) should make your file unplayable. Perhaps I am missing something, so it would be interesting if you could share a link to where you read that disabling libmpeg2 would be of any help.

If you are having trouble with a particular .TS file, sharing it would be a way for others to test whether it works for them or not and help make a diagnosis. Also, if from VLC you can open the Messages windows, play the video, stop it once the problem starts, and share the output (note: it will contain system information such as paths and file names), it might help understand what your troubles are. It would also be nice if you could include system information such as your Mac's model, and the macOS version.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”