Streaming/Exporting wizard doesn't work

macOS specific usage questions
truman48
New Cone
New Cone

Streaming/Exporting wizard doesn't work

Postby truman48 » 16 Apr 2017 03:25

Hello,
Im trying to save sports highlights on VLC by using the streaming/exporting wizard and whilst it worked once it doesn't seem to want to work anymore.

My procedure is this.

1. Play a highlight video in KODI on my Mac but use "Play using VLC" which switches over to VLC.

2. Choose streaming/Exporting wizard then Transcode save to file.

3.Select existing playlost item and select the M3U8 link to my stream from KODI.

4.From here Ive tried many different video and audio options and saved and clicked on finish but nothing happens.

The first time I did this a second window opened showing the progress bar moving across the bottom as the video saved to my desktop. But now nothing happens. Any ideas whats going on here?

truman48
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Streaming/Exporting wizard doesn't work

Postby truman48 » 19 Apr 2017 10:30

Anyone????

gonhidi
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Streaming/Exporting wizard doesn't work

Postby gonhidi » 20 Apr 2017 20:13

Out of curiosity I downloaded Kodi 17.1. I can reproduce local files using it but I see no built-in way to make it play videos using VLC. As for sports highlights, I believe that there are several Kodi add-ons that match that description, but I don't know enough about the program to know which to choose and whether or not that would make a difference in evaluating your concern.

Perhaps expanding a bit on how to achieve your setup might be of help. It might also be useful if you could confirm that you are successful both in watching those highlights using VLC and in transcoding local video files using only VLC, so as to rule out problems in those two areas.

Cheers and good luck.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”