Audio Normalize seems not to work...

macOS specific usage questions
ajmas
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.x
Operating System: MacOS X

Re: Audio Normalize seems not to work...

Postby ajmas » 13 Jan 2011 19:31

Indeed the patch has been posted.
Was the patch ever applied? Was there a ticket to track this issue?
Providing logs, messages, configuration info (VLC, OS, Hardware) and a clear explanation of the issue always helps the problem solvers help you, even if they don't end up solving the issue. Just think what you would need if you were solving someone else's problem. Additional: Always looking for eager and capable MacOS X developers to join the VLC team - for more information see here.

LarryT86
New Cone
New Cone

Postby LarryT86 » 08 Sep 2012 12:16

In the August 2012 VLC Version 2.0.3 Twoflower (Intel 64bit) for Mac I just figured out an easy fix for this "volume normalization" problem.. I came across this forum when trying to figure this out and most
of the options aren't available. When VLC is open go to the top toolbar and click on the "Window" tab which is located between "Video" & "Help" and scroll down to the "Audio Effects..." option. a new tiny window will pen up with 4 tabs, on the very right click on "Filters" and there are two check boxes listed "headphone virtualization" and "volume normalization". So of course your going check the "volume normalization" box the move the "Maximum Level" slider according to the max volume you are comfortable with. Hope this helps and let me know if this worked out for you. Good Luck!

1080p
New Cone
New Cone

Postby 1080p » 08 Dec 2012 23:43

Hi,

I realize quite some time has passed, but has there been any updates to this? If so, would this update happen to work for Windows users as well? Built-in or VST, I'm down for either.

Thanks!

1080p

Edit: http://www.ab9il.net/digital-audio/vlc- ... amics.html

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”