VLC and streaming

macOS specific usage questions
locussst

VLC and streaming

Postby locussst » 23 Feb 2006 17:04

Here's the deal. Up until now, I've just been using VLC for playing video files but ever since I signed up for mp3tunes I've been using it to get my streams off the net. For those of you who don't know mp3tunes is a service where you can back up your tunes for $40 a year and also stream them off the net. I don't use iTunes with mp3tunes because of some incompatability issues their software has with metadata.

Anyways, my problem is that my streams keep cutting out on me whereas in iTunes this has never happened even streaming at 192khz. I looked to try and increase the buffer size but the help files are not very definitive. I see the way to do it in Windows but they don't really explain the method of increasing the buffer in OS X. Please could someone give me detailed instructions for how to do this. It would be much appreciated. I use Tiger.

FineOggBoy
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Same with Streaming Theora

Postby FineOggBoy » 11 Apr 2006 19:54

I am having the same problem streaming a feed from
http://telegasy4.rktmb.org:8000/telegasy.ogg
I get a couple of seconds of video then it stops, but the streaming of data continues as I watch the activity monitor app on Mac. I do not understand why there is no buffer.
A Solar Day Not Used Is a Energy Source Wasted.
How much solar have you used today?

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”