macOS specific usage questions
TECH198
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Mac 10.14.4

DLNA video issue

Postby TECH198 » 22 Mar 2024 03:33

I'm running macOS Sonoma and VLC 3.0.20 and DLNA is recording ok for the most part..

The broadcast itself (locally) played from DVD recorder from TV, does have a few pixelated/glitches. but It doesn't stutter.

After recording on VLC, I play it back and the first few minutes of the video shows stuttering between frames.. Audio is ok, just the video

It clears itself up after few minutes.. Checking Dropped packets of video or Audio in VLC reveals noting is dropped at all, so I can only think this is just due to the broadcast... Perhaps going over LAN is more sensitive ???

Would this be why you don;'t see these things locally, yet you do over network ?? I;'m recording on VLC via Wif-fi but also tried over NIC as well, doesn't seem to make a difference, and the stuttering only affects this (1) video.

Also, later in this same video packets get dropped, but eventually resumes ok... Again, doesn't happen when playing on local DVD recorder, but does over network. I'm using Cat6 throughout so should be ok.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”