Big Pop/Click On Play

macOS specific usage questions
MoNigeria
New Cone
New Cone

Big Pop/Click On Play

Postby MoNigeria » 17 Jun 2020 16:55

I'm getting this really loud big pop/click on play. Sometimes it happens on start up, sometimes just on play from playlist or w/e, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. Even if my volume is super low the click will be at almost full volume. Any ideas? Happening on 3.0.11.

ZizzyLizzy
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Big Pop/Click On Play

Postby ZizzyLizzy » 17 Jun 2020 18:04

I'm getting this really loud big pop/click on play. Sometimes it happens on start up, sometimes just on play from playlist or w/e, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. Even if my volume is super low the click will be at almost full volume. Any ideas? Happening on 3.0.11.
Hi, I am getting the same issue on VLC 3.0.10 OS X 10.14.6

MoNigeria
New Cone
New Cone

Postby MoNigeria » 17 Jun 2020 22:29

Hi, I am getting the same issue on VLC 3.0.10 OS X 10.14.6
Glad to know you're getting it on 10.14; I thought it might have been a Catalina problem.

tguillem
Developer
Developer
VLC version: ALL
Operating System: Linux/WIndows/Mac OS

Postby tguillem » 09 Jul 2020 10:02

Hello,

Thanks for this bug report. We will try to reproduce this issue but first :

- Could you give us a media file you are using that reproduce this issue?
- What is your machine? Specially the CPU. This problem is likely a threading issue, some configuration could reproduce this issue more frequently than others.

Thanks!

MoNigeria
New Cone
New Cone

Postby MoNigeria » 09 Jul 2020 18:43

- Could you give us a media file you are using that reproduce this issue?

I can but it doesn't reproduce consistently. https://we.tl/t-kG2YgKH87M

- What is your machine? Specially the CPU. This problem is likely a threading issue, some configuration could reproduce this issue more frequently than others.

1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

nymbX
New Cone
New Cone

Postby nymbX » 11 Jul 2020 03:25

I have the same issue. As already said, this doesn't happen all the time, it appears every once in a while. Often enough though to seriously annoy me. But the pop sound is insanely loud and creepy, scares me every time. I absolutely love VLC and use it both on my Mac and Windows machines, but this issue on my Mac is so bad, that I've discontinued using VLC until it is fixed. My machine is MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018), Processor 2.6GHz 6-core Intel Core i7, macOS Catalina 10.15.5. It is probably worth mentioning that I have installed additional audio output devices (software/virtual devices) but the system is using the default (MacBook Pro Speakers (Built-In) device) and in VLC the Audio Device is set to 'System Sound Output Device'. VLC version 3.0.11 Vetinari. Thanks.

MoNigeria
New Cone
New Cone

Postby MoNigeria » 19 Aug 2020 14:37

Any updates on this? It's a real pain to deal with.

Lornadoo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.11.1
Operating System: Mac OS 10.14.6

Postby Lornadoo » 19 Oct 2020 09:55

Same issue here too with.m4v files that I generated from HB. Playlist can contain just 1 file or several files, it does not matter, it produces the same loud pop at the beginning of playback. Pop does not occur every instance of playback, only randomly, so I know the problem is not with the file itself.

I've muted VLC audio from the controller and it still makes the pop.

It does not happen with webm or mkv files I download. When I add the .m4v files with the webm or mkv files in the playlist, the pop never happens. If I remove the webm or mkv files and only keep the m4v files, the pop returns.

VLC 3.0.11.1
macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Mac mini (Late 2014)

dfuhrmann
Developer
Developer

Postby dfuhrmann » 21 Oct 2020 20:52

We think this should be fixed in the next version of VLC.

It would be cool if you can test a nightly build which will be available starting tomorrow: https://artifacts.videolan.org/vlc-3.0/nightly-macos/
Please select a build from 20201022 or later.

Lornadoo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Lornadoo » 22 Oct 2020 07:45

Absolutely. I'll look for it tomorrow and test it out and let you know my findings.

Cheers...

Lornadoo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Lornadoo » 22 Oct 2020 13:45

Ok, I just d/l the latest nightly vlc-3.0.11.1-61609051 from 22OCT2020...

I threw in the usual culprits of .mp4 files and began to play and skip through random files.

Guess what? Not ONE single pop.

I played the same files in 3.0.11.1 and the pops returned. You guys FIXED IT!

YOU ppl are freaking AWESOME! I'm buying you guys a pizza and round of beers. Enjoy the donation... and as always, THANK YOU to all at the VLC (Macos) dev team!!!!!

emmanuelparis
New Cone
New Cone

Postby emmanuelparis » 14 Jan 2021 12:20

I became partially deaf in one ear because of one of his sounds

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 18 Jan 2021 19:06

Hello,

We finally released an update today to address this painful problem.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

CollieBro
New Cone
New Cone

Postby CollieBro » 30 Mar 2021 10:05

Hello, I signed up and am writing because the issue is back. It seems to be back only for .m4a files because it doesn't happen when I open .mp3 or .mp4 files. It's a very startling and irritating problem so any help fixing it would be appreciated.

fkuehne
Developer
Developer

Postby fkuehne » 30 Mar 2021 10:11

This is the very first report in months. Are you sure that you are using VLC 3.0.12 of VLC? Is this on a Mac? Can you try to produce a VLC log? (open Window -> Messages before starting playback to do that)
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne

CollieBro
New Cone
New Cone

Postby CollieBro » 30 Mar 2021 11:28

This is the very first report in months. Are you sure that you are using VLC 3.0.12 of VLC? Is this on a Mac? Can you try to produce a VLC log? (open Window -> Messages before starting playback to do that)
I was using the wrong version. Thanks for the reminder.

fkuehne
Developer
Developer

Postby fkuehne » 30 Mar 2021 11:37

Pfeww. Thanks a lot for the confirmation! I was a bit scared :D
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne

dkgibson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.16
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby dkgibson » 29 Nov 2021 07:17

This is happening with VLC 3.0.16 (fresh install, no settings changed) on Windows 10 Pro (x64) with .WMA files.

Specifics: I have 37 .WMA files in a directory, and I have VLC play everything in the directory. The "pop" happens between each file. EVERY TIME.

More specifics:

1. Started VLC from scratch.
2. Enabled log (debug).
3. Started playing a folder with the above files.
4. Played through first pop/click.
5. Saved log file.
6. Attached log file in segments.

SEGMENT 1:

Code: Select all

main debug: processing request item: Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio, node: Playlist, skip: 0 main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index 0 main debug: starting playback of new item main debug: resyncing on Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio main debug: Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio is at 0 main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio' main debug: requesting art for new input thread main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher main debug: no meta fetcher modules matched main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac main debug: no art finder modules matched main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB main debug: using timeshift path: C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Local\Temp main debug: `directory:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio' gives access `directory' demux `any' path `/C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio' main debug: creating demux: access='directory' demux='any' location='/C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio' file='C:\Users\Dean\Shell\Remote\Music\select\George Friderick Handel\Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio' main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "directory": 15 candidates main debug: no access_demux modules matched main debug: creating access: directory:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio main debug: (path: C:\Users\Dean\Shell\Remote\Music\select\George Friderick Handel\Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio) main debug: looking for access module matching "directory": 27 candidates main debug: using access module "filesystem" main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "any": 24 candidates main debug: no stream_filter modules matched main debug: looking for stream_directory module matching "any": 1 candidates main debug: no stream_directory modules matched main debug: attachment of directory-extractor failed for directory:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "record": 24 candidates main debug: using stream_filter module "record" main debug: creating demux: access='directory' demux='any' location='/C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio' file='C:\Users\Dean\Shell\Remote\Music\select\George Friderick Handel\Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio' main debug: looking for demux module matching "any": 55 candidates
Last edited by dkgibson on 29 Nov 2021 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

dkgibson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dkgibson » 29 Nov 2021 08:11

SEGMENT 2:

es debug: cannot peek es debug: cannot peek es debug: cannot peek es debug: cannot peek es debug: cannot peek mod debug: MOD validation failed (ext=) main debug: using demux module "directory" main debug: looking for meta reader module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac main debug: no meta reader modules matched main debug: `directory:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio' successfully opened main debug: deleting item `Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '01 Sinfony.wma' main debug: incoming request - stopping current input main debug: EOF reached main debug: removing module "directory" main debug: removing module "record" main debug: removing module "filesystem" main debug: dead input main debug: processing request item: 01 Sinfony.wma, node: Playlist, skip: 0 main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 37 items, index 0 main debug: starting playback of new item main debug: resyncing on 01 Sinfony.wma main debug: 01 Sinfony.wma is at 0 main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '02 Comfort ye my people.wma' main debug: Creating an input for '01 Sinfony.wma' main debug: requesting art for new input thread main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher main debug: no meta fetcher modules matched main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates main debug: using art finder module "folder" main debug: removing module "folder" main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher main debug: no meta fetcher modules matched main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB main debug: using timeshift path: C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Local\Temp

dkgibson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dkgibson » 29 Nov 2021 08:12

SEGEMENT 3:

main debug: `file:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/01%20Sinfony.wma' gives access `file' demux `any' path `/C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/01%20Sinfony.wma' main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='any' location='/C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/01%20Sinfony.wma' file='C:\Users\Dean\Shell\Remote\Music\select\George Friderick Handel\Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio\01 Sinfony.wma' main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "file": 15 candidates main debug: no access_demux modules matched main debug: creating access: file:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/01%20Sinfony.wma main debug: (path: C:\Users\Dean\Shell\Remote\Music\select\George Friderick Handel\Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio\01 Sinfony.wma) main debug: looking for access module matching "file": 27 candidates main debug: using access module "filesystem" main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "prefetch,cache_read": 24 candidates cache_read debug: Using stream method for AStream* cache_read debug: starting pre-buffering cache_read debug: received first data after 0 ms cache_read debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 KiB/s main debug: using stream_filter module "cache_read" main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "any": 24 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\playlist lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\anevia_streams.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\anevia_xml.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\appletrailers.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\bbc_co_uk.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\cue.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\dailymotion.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\jamendo.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\koreus.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\liveleak.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\newgrounds.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\rockbox_fm_presets.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\soundcloud.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\twitch.luac main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '03 Chorus And the glory of the Lord.wma' lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\vimeo.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\vocaroo.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\youtube.luac main debug: no stream_filter modules matched main debug: looking for stream_directory module matching "any": 1 candidates main debug: no stream_directory modules matched main debug: attachment of directory-extractor failed for file:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/01%20Sinfony.wma main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "record": 24 candidates main debug: using stream_filter module "record" main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='any' location='/C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/01%20Sinfony.wma' file='C:\Users\Dean\Shell\Remote\Music\select\George Friderick Handel\Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio\01 Sinfony.wma' main debug: looking for demux module matching "asf": 55 candidates asf warning: unknown asf object (not loaded): 0xd6e229df-0x35da-0x11d1-0x903400a0c90349be asf warning: unknown asf object (not loaded): 0x44231c94-0x9498-0x49d1-0xa1411d134e457054 asf warning: unknown asf object (not loaded): 0xd6e229d3-0x35da-0x11d1-0x903400a0c90349be asf warning: unknown top-level object found: 0xd6e229d3-0x35da-0x11d1-0x903400a0c90349be asf debug: + 'Root' asf debug: | + 'Header' asf debug: | | + 'Content Description' asf debug: | | + 'Extended content description' asf debug: | | + 'File Properties' asf debug: | | + 'Header Extension' asf debug: | | | + 'Object Compatibility' asf debug: | | | + 'Metadata' asf debug: | | | + 'Extended Stream Properties' asf debug: | | | + 'Unknown' asf debug: | | | + 'Unknown' asf debug: | | + 'Padding' asf debug: | | + 'Codec List' asf debug: | | + 'Stream Properties' asf debug: | | + 'Stream Bitrate Properties' asf debug: | + 'Data' asf debug: | + 'Index'

dkgibson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dkgibson » 29 Nov 2021 08:14

SEGMENT 4:

asf debug: found 1 streams asf debug: added new audio stream (codec:WMAL(0x163),ID:1) main debug: selecting program id=0 main debug: using demux module "asf" main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Users\Dean\Shell\Remote\Music\select\George Friderick Handel\Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio\ main debug: looking for audio decoder module matching "any": 23 candidates avcodec debug: using ffmpeg Lavc58.6.103 avcodec debug: CPU flags: 0x040010db main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '04 Thus saith the Lord-But who may abide.wma' avcodec debug: codec (wmalossless) started main debug: using audio decoder module "avcodec" main debug: looking for meta reader module matching "any": 2 candidates taglib debug: Found embedded art: thumbnail (image/jpeg) is 8747 bytes main debug: using meta reader module "taglib" main debug: removing module "taglib" main warning: art already fetched main debug: `file:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/01%20Sinfony.wma' successfully opened main debug: Buffering 0% main debug: Buffering 10% main debug: Buffering 20% main debug: Buffering 30% main debug: Buffering 40% main debug: Buffering 50% main debug: Buffering 60% main debug: Buffering 70% main debug: Buffering 80% main debug: Buffering 90% main debug: reusing audio output main debug: Buffering 100% main debug: looking for aout stream module matching "any": 2 candidates main debug: Stream buffering done (1100 ms in 0 ms) main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '05 And He shall purify.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '06 Recitative- Behold, a virgin shall conceive (Alto).wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '07 Recitative- For behold, darkness shall cover the earth (Bass).wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '08 For unto us a child is born.wma' qt debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '09 Pifa.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '10 There were shepherds... And lo, the Angel... And the Angel... And suddenly... Glory to God.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '11 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion.wma' wasapi debug: modified format main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '12 Then shall the eyes of the blind-He shall feed His flock.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '13 His yoke is easy.wma' qt debug: IM: Deleting the input main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '14 Behold the Lamb of God.wma' qt debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '15 He was despised.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '16 Surely He hath borne our griefs.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '17 All we like sheep have gone astray.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '18 All they that see Him laugh Him to scorn.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '19 Thy rebuke hath broken His heart.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '20 But thou didst not leave His soul in hell.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '21 Lift up your heads, O ye gates.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '22 Unto which of the angels said He at any time.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '23 Thou art gone up on high.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '24 The Lord gave the word.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '25 How beautiful are the feet.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '26 Their sound is gone out.wma'

dkgibson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dkgibson » 29 Nov 2021 08:15

SEGMENT 5:

wasapi debug: buffer size : 96000 frames main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '27 Why do the nations so furiously rage together-.wma' wasapi debug: maximum latency: 000 ns wasapi debug: default period : 10000000 ns wasapi debug: minimum period : 2666700 ns main debug: using aout stream module "wasapi" main debug: output 'f32l' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/8 bytes main debug: looking for audio volume module matching "any": 2 candidates main debug: using audio volume module "float_mixer" main debug: input 's16l' 44100 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/4 bytes main debug: looking for audio filter module matching "scaletempo": 16 candidates scaletempo debug: format: 44100 rate, 2 nch, 4 bps, fl32 scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 1323.000 stride_in, 1323 stride_out, 1059 standing, 264 overlap, 617 search, 2204 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debug: conversion: 's16l'->'f32l' 44100 Hz->44100 Hz Stereo->Stereo main debug: looking for audio converter module matching "any": 8 candidates audio_format debug: s16l->f32l, bits per sample: 16->32 main debug: using audio converter module "audio_format" main debug: conversion pipeline complete main debug: conversion: 'f32l'->'f32l' 44100 Hz->44100 Hz Stereo->Stereo main debug: conversion pipeline complete main debug: looking for audio resampler module matching "any": 3 candidates main debug: using audio resampler module "samplerate" main debug: Decoder wait done in 570 ms main debug: inserting 31440 zeroes main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '28 He that dwelleth in Heaven.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '29 Hallelujah.wma' mmdevice debug: state changed: 1 main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '30 I know that my redeemer liveth.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '31 Since by man came death.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '32 Behold, I tell you a mystery.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '33 Then shall be brought to pass.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '34 But thanks be to God.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '35 If God be for us.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '36 Worthy is the Lamb that was slain.wma' main debug: Creating an input for preparsing '37 Amen.wma' main debug: EOF reached main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: killing decoder fourcc `WMAL' main debug: removing module "avcodec" mmdevice debug: state changed: 0 wasapi debug: reset

dkgibson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dkgibson » 29 Nov 2021 08:16

SEGMENT 6:

main debug: removing module "samplerate" main debug: removing module "audio_format" main debug: removing module "scaletempo" main debug: removing module "float_mixer" main debug: keeping audio output main debug: removing module "asf" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: removing module "record" main debug: removing module "cache_read" main debug: removing module "filesystem" main debug: dead input main debug: changing item without a request (current 0/37) main debug: using item 1 main debug: starting playback of new item main debug: resyncing on Comfort ye my people main debug: Comfort ye my people is at 1 main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'Comfort ye my people' main debug: requesting art for new input thread main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB main debug: using timeshift path: C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Local\Temp main debug: `file:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/02%20Comfort%20ye%20my%20people.wma' gives access `file' demux `any' path `/C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/02%20Comfort%20ye%20my%20people.wma' main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='any' location='/C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/02%20Comfort%20ye%20my%20people.wma' file='C:\Users\Dean\Shell\Remote\Music\select\George Friderick Handel\Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio\02 Comfort ye my people.wma' main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "file": 15 candidates main debug: no access_demux modules matched main debug: creating access: file:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/02%20Comfort%20ye%20my%20people.wma main debug: (path: C:\Users\Dean\Shell\Remote\Music\select\George Friderick Handel\Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio\02 Comfort ye my people.wma) main debug: looking for access module matching "file": 27 candidates main debug: using access module "filesystem" main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "prefetch,cache_read": 24 candidates cache_read debug: Using stream method for AStream* cache_read debug: starting pre-buffering cache_read debug: received first data after 0 ms cache_read debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 KiB/s main debug: using stream_filter module "cache_read" main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "any": 24 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\playlist lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\anevia_streams.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\anevia_xml.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\appletrailers.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\bbc_co_uk.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\cue.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\dailymotion.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\jamendo.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\koreus.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\liveleak.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\newgrounds.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\rockbox_fm_presets.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\soundcloud.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\twitch.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\vimeo.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\vocaroo.luac

dkgibson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dkgibson » 29 Nov 2021 08:17

SEGMENT 7:

qt debug: IM: Deleting the input lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\youtube.luac main debug: no stream_filter modules matched main debug: looking for stream_directory module matching "any": 1 candidates main debug: no stream_directory modules matched main debug: attachment of directory-extractor failed for file:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/02%20Comfort%20ye%20my%20people.wma main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "record": 24 candidates main debug: using stream_filter module "record" main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='any' location='/C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/02%20Comfort%20ye%20my%20people.wma' file='C:\Users\Dean\Shell\Remote\Music\select\George Friderick Handel\Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio\02 Comfort ye my people.wma' main debug: looking for demux module matching "asf": 55 candidates asf warning: unknown asf object (not loaded): 0xd6e229df-0x35da-0x11d1-0x903400a0c90349be asf warning: unknown asf object (not loaded): 0x44231c94-0x9498-0x49d1-0xa1411d134e457054 asf warning: unknown asf object (not loaded): 0xd6e229d3-0x35da-0x11d1-0x903400a0c90349be asf warning: unknown top-level object found: 0xd6e229d3-0x35da-0x11d1-0x903400a0c90349be asf debug: + 'Root' asf debug: | + 'Header' asf debug: | | + 'Content Description' asf debug: | | + 'Extended content description' asf debug: | | + 'File Properties' asf debug: | | + 'Header Extension' asf debug: | | | + 'Object Compatibility' asf debug: | | | + 'Metadata' asf debug: | | | + 'Extended Stream Properties' asf debug: | | | + 'Unknown' asf debug: | | | + 'Unknown' asf debug: | | + 'Padding' asf debug: | | + 'Codec List' asf debug: | | + 'Stream Properties' asf debug: | | + 'Stream Bitrate Properties' asf debug: | + 'Data' asf debug: | + 'Index' asf debug: found 1 streams asf debug: added new audio stream (codec:WMAL(0x163),ID:1) main debug: selecting program id=0 main debug: using demux module "asf" main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Users\Dean\Shell\Remote\Music\select\George Friderick Handel\Messiah - A Sacred Oratorio\ main debug: looking for audio decoder module matching "any": 23 candidates avcodec debug: using ffmpeg Lavc58.6.103 avcodec debug: CPU flags: 0x040010db avcodec debug: codec (wmalossless) started main debug: using audio decoder module "avcodec" main debug: looking for meta reader module matching "any": 2 candidates taglib debug: Found embedded art: thumbnail (image/jpeg) is 8747 bytes main debug: using meta reader module "taglib" main debug: removing module "taglib" main warning: art already fetched main debug: `file:///C:/Users/Dean/Shell/Remote/Music/select/George%20Friderick%20Handel/Messiah%20-%20A%20Sacred%20Oratorio/02%20Comfort%20ye%20my%20people.wma' successfully opened main debug: Buffering 0% main debug: Buffering 10% main debug: Buffering 20% main debug: Buffering 30% main debug: Buffering 40% main debug: Buffering 50% main debug: Buffering 60% main debug: Buffering 70% main debug: Buffering 80% main debug: Buffering 90% main debug: Buffering 100% main debug: Stream buffering done (1100 ms in 0 ms) main debug: reusing audio output main debug: looking for aout stream module matching "any": 2 candidates wasapi debug: modified format qt debug: IM: Setting an input qt debug: IM: Deleting the input wasapi debug: buffer size : 96000 frames wasapi debug: maximum latency: 000 ns wasapi debug: default period : 10000000 ns wasapi debug: minimum period : 2666700 ns main debug: using aout stream module "wasapi" main debug: output 'f32l' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/8 bytes main debug: looking for audio volume module matching "any": 2 candidates main debug: using audio volume module "float_mixer" main debug: input 's16l' 44100 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/4 bytes main debug: looking for audio filter module matching "scaletempo": 16 candidates scaletempo debug: format: 44100 rate, 2 nch, 4 bps, fl32 scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 1323.000 stride_in, 1323 stride_out, 1059 standing, 264 overlap, 617 search, 2204 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debug: conversion: 's16l'->'f32l' 44100 Hz->44100 Hz Stereo->Stereo main debug: looking for audio converter module matching "any": 8 candidates audio_format debug: s16l->f32l, bits per sample: 16->32 main debug: using audio converter module "audio_format" main debug: conversion pipeline complete main debug: conversion: 'f32l'->'f32l' 44100 Hz->44100 Hz Stereo->Stereo main debug: conversion pipeline complete main debug: looking for audio resampler module matching "any": 3 candidates main debug: using audio resampler module "samplerate" main debug: Decoder wait done in 60 ms main debug: inserting 15552 zeroes qt debug: IM: Setting an input mmdevice debug: state changed: 1

dkgibson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dkgibson » 29 Nov 2021 08:17

That's it; end of segments.

If you want any other info, let me know.

By the way, the Win 10 Pro was a fresh install about a month ago, & then Microsoft updates applied to bring it current. There are no other apps installed on this machine (this is one of two testbed machines).

The purpose of this machine is to stream music to two Google Nest Mini speakers (paired in stereo mode), which works via casting in VLC. However, the pops occur when playing to the local speakers via analog audio cable, as well as when casting to the Nest Mini speakers (via the local network).

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”