Double clicking on Library entry takes me to the wrong place

macOS specific usage questions
camner
New Cone
New Cone

Double clicking on Library entry takes me to the wrong place

Postby camner » 05 Mar 2020 00:54

I have my music organized by folder and subfolder. To get the music into VLC, I dragged the topmost folder into VLC.

For several years, if I double clicked on a higher level folder in the VLC library, it would open to the subfolder, and if the subfolder contained only music files, it would start to play the first song in the subfolder.

Starting recently, double clicking on a higher level folder has taken me to some arbitrary song in my library, not to a song in the tree below where I was double clicking.

Also, VLC no longer moves from one song to the next one in the same folder; it jumps to an arbitrary song somewhere else. I have the Library sorted in ascending order by Title.

The only troubleshooting I've done is to delete all the music from VLC and reimport it, but that didn't fix things.

Are there prefs files or some other place that might have gotten corrupt?

camner
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Double clicking on Library entry takes me to the wrong place

Postby camner » 05 Mar 2020 01:40

FIXED!

Although my VLC interface doesn't show the Shuffle and Repeat buttons, somehow the Shuffle feature had been engaged, which I discovered when I set the interface to show the Shuffle and Repeat buttons. Unselecting the Shuffle feature put me back where I wanted to be.

dfuhrmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Double clicking on Library entry takes me to the wrong place

Postby dfuhrmann » 08 Mar 2020 15:56

Great! BTW, you can enable shuffle and Repeat Buttons in the "view menu"

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”