VLC, Roxio Toast Titanium, and nothing works

macOS specific usage questions
Commander Barkfeather
New Cone
New Cone

VLC, Roxio Toast Titanium, and nothing works

Postby Commander Barkfeather » 01 Jan 2006 18:34

I've had VLC for some time. I use Roxio Toast Titanium to burn Data DVDs. Roxio tells me it "doesn't recognize the disc," but continues to burn. Upon playback (using VLC), I have error message "An error has occured which probably prevented the execution of your request: cddax: Disc seems not to be CD-DA. libcdio reports it is DVD-ROM main:no suitable access module for '/dev/rdisk1s2'" BTW, using OS X 10.4.3 (Tiger). I'm sure this is something obvious, but I'm an Apple newbie. Confused as a baby raccoon.

xiaodidi
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Which disc format ?

Postby xiaodidi » 02 Jan 2006 08:59

It may be you are burning the DVD in the wrong format. In that case you may still be able to play the movie in VLC as a VIDEO_TS folder, provided you have such a folder on your disc. Go to VLC->File->Open Disc, and navigate to the VIDEO_TS option. See if you can still play the media.

Let us know. We will discuss DVD disc formats next.

Commander Barkfeather
New Cone
New Cone

I Fixed It With Duct Tape

Postby Commander Barkfeather » 03 Jan 2006 15:49

One would not think the format matters. I simply want to put the file onto DVD in its original format and playback the same. I did some experimenting. The complete folder does not play--however, the .avi file within the folder DOES play. The VIDEO_TS, in some files, also plays, however I do not get the "special features" menu. At least I can watch the movie. Using Roxio Toast Titanium, I record the disk under DATA, using the DVD-ROM (UDF) designation, under the Advanced Tab. I apologize if my query belongs in a Roxio Forum.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”