Center audio channel is missing on more and more files

macOS specific usage questions
stokestack
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Center audio channel is missing on more and more files

Postby stokestack » 31 Jan 2018 04:26

Hi all.

I'm encountering an increasing number of MP4 files that lack a center audio channel, or at least the center channel not being played back by my Denon receiver.

VLC has long had flaky audio, where the center channel is occasionally missing until I go up to the Audio Device menu and re-select the same HDMI Encoded option that it's already supposed to be using.

But now I have a bunch of files where no amount of screwing with these options will enable the center channel. The metadata for the latest of these files shows E-AC3 as the audio format (A/52 B audio) and the channels are 3F2M/LFE. But there's no dialog track on playback.

I don't have problems with any other sources on this receiver.

Is this a known problem? Thanks!

juap
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Center audio channel is missing on more and more files

Postby juap » 09 Feb 2018 05:17

i Have the exact same problem, I have a Denon receiver using a Macbook last OS with VLC last update 2.2.8, I have using denos for at least 3 years with no problems at all... I just have encountered this problem with some movies, when I switch to hear on the Macbook the dialog Chanel hears ok, but when I switch to AV reciever the dialog Chanel is the only one missing, you can only hear the effects sounds. What is happening??

EDIT: I can hear all the Chanels using Quicktime! but if I use VLC I can't hear a sh**

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”