All vlc video over NAS stutters on MACS only

macOS specific usage questions
iHateMacs
New Cone
New Cone

All vlc video over NAS stutters on MACS only

Postby iHateMacs » 12 Aug 2017 04:29

I am so irritated. First, I will say I tried the ol "turn off SMB" BS which did NOTHING. I literally have to copy every video I want to watch locally to the mac which defies the purpose of the NAS!!!! Is this just one of those things that will never be fixed? Has anyone been able to fix this? I have the latest VLC, turned off SMB, etc and it still happens. 3k for a damn computer and I have to download 45 3rd party tools just to find out they don't work, either. What NEEDS done, EXACTLY? I have zero problems from ANY pc, or Android phone, for that matter. It really makes life suck ass when you are watching a movie and every 30 seconds it stutters for 3 seconds then resumes. Can anyone please link my to an actual solution? I saw a thread on here and someone (as always) posts a link to a link to t thread...and the OP states it didn't work and....end of thread. So can ANYONE please assist with this and what exactly needs to be done so I can watch videos on my mac from the NAS (WD)

ajmas
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.x
Operating System: MacOS X

Re: All vlc video over NAS stutters on MACS only

Postby ajmas » 13 Aug 2017 04:16

What NAS are you using? Which VLC version and which macOS version?
Providing logs, messages, configuration info (VLC, OS, Hardware) and a clear explanation of the issue always helps the problem solvers help you, even if they don't end up solving the issue. Just think what you would need if you were solving someone else's problem. Additional: Always looking for eager and capable MacOS X developers to join the VLC team - for more information see here.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”