NO playback controls other than Pause/Play

macOS specific usage questions
BlueFireBrilliance
New Cone
New Cone

NO playback controls other than Pause/Play

Postby BlueFireBrilliance » 31 Jul 2017 00:10

Hi --

Sorry if there is an existing thread for this -- I really DID look thoroughly for one.

I am a brand new user running Version 2.2.6 Umbrella on Mac OSX 10.9.5

I have NO playback controls (greyed out) other than Play and Pause.

/var/folders/34/nbdbkl35057b6mxrkwws7hxc0000gn/T/2017-07-30_14-40-51.png
That is my attempt to insert a Snag It image of my screen shot here -- HELP?!?

Went into VLC prefs, and ONLY checked Show Fullscreen Controller, Resize Interface to Native Size, and Show Video within the Main Window under Interface Style....

/var/folders/34/nbdbkl35057b6mxrkwws7hxc0000gn/T/2017-07-30_15-06-07.png (ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO INPUT A SCREEN SHOT -- also tried Img in menu above to no avail)

Any help is much appreciated..
Leslie

ajmas
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.x
Operating System: MacOS X

Re: NO playback controls other than Pause/Play

Postby ajmas » 09 Aug 2017 15:46

The 'img' expects a a URL, pointing to a file available on the internet. Unfortunately, you are just pasting a path to a file on your computer, which is not available to us. You could use a service such as https://imgbb.com/ or http://tinypic.com/ (not endorsed by us and two of many alternatives) to upload you image and then put the path in your post. Then just share the link with us (I was having issues with some of them, while trying them out).
Providing logs, messages, configuration info (VLC, OS, Hardware) and a clear explanation of the issue always helps the problem solvers help you, even if they don't end up solving the issue. Just think what you would need if you were solving someone else's problem. Additional: Always looking for eager and capable MacOS X developers to join the VLC team - for more information see here.

Lornadoo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.11.1
Operating System: Mac OS 10.14.6

Re: NO playback controls other than Pause/Play

Postby Lornadoo » 30 Aug 2017 23:19

This setting is found in VLC Preferences, Show All, Interface, Main Interfaces, macosx, click on "Show Previous & Next buttons". Click Save. The end!

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”